The Top 10 Christmas Cookie Recipes

The Top 10 Christmas Cookie Recipes

332
The Top 10 Christmas Cookie Recipes
SheKnows

One of the greatest activities surrounding Christmas is baking Christmas cookies! December is basically international cookie month. In fact, because Christmas cookies are so popular, people have created a specific event for Christmas cookies called a cookie swap. In this list, you will find my top 10 recipes for the best Christmas cookies!

1. Spritz Cookies

These delicious butter cookies are best made with a cookie press where you can create very intricate designs. For this cookie, I would give you all my great aunt Mimi's recipe, but then I'd have to kill you. Instead, click here for this good recipe too!

2. Pfeffernusse Cookies

These are traditional German spice cakes that are most often served during the holidays. These intriguing little cookies are great while cuddled up with a piping hot mug of hot chocolate. Click here for this recipe.

3. Jam Thumbprints

These are my personal favorite. The buttery cookie base with the sweet and gooey jam center make for a delicious Christmas combination. Click here for this recipe.

4. Pistachio Cranberry Ice Box Cookie

The green and red color combination that the nuts and fruit create makes a very festive cookie. They also have a delectable texture between the crunchy pistachios and the gooey cranberries. Click here for this recipe.

5. Gingerbread Cookies

They are definite Christmas classic. From men to houses, these cookies can do it all. Click here for this recipe.

6. Sugar Cookies

Another Christmas classic, sugar cookies are great as cutout cookies or flat disk cookies. You can frost them, coat them in sugar, and eat them plain. The possibilities with these are endless! Click here for this recipe.

7. Chocolate Coins

These flat crispy cookies are the perfect. You can make them into any shape and work perfectly as a gift for any chocolate lover. Click here for this recipe.

8. Snowball Cookies

Otherwise known as Mexican wedding cookies, these little domes coated in powdered sugar certainly look like a freshly made snowball. These are absolutely delicious cookies. Piled into a jar with a Christmas ribbon, they even create holiday decor! Click here for this recipe.

9. Red Velvet Snowball Cookies

These are a variation of the traditional Mexican wedding cookie above, and just as delicious. The red velvet makes a delicious flavor that no one can resist. Plus, they look like little Rudolph's nose with a dusting of snow on it. Click here for this recipe.

10. Chocolate Chip Cookies

Everyone's favorite, chocolate chip cookies are great at every season. They are especially delicious to the big man in red, placed near the tree with a glass full of milk. Click here for this recipe.

Happy baking (and eating)!