Too Much Pointless Music For Me

The problem I have with today's music is, it's not plainly raw. I get no enjoyment from music when all I can hear are cuss words, auto tune, sex talk, and so forth. I personally have no means to listen to it. Ever since a very young age, I've grown fond of jazz and smooth vocals, artists such as Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Michael Bublé, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Louis Armstrong Ella Fitzgerald, just to name a few artists.

I found jazz and smooth vocals, one day as I was surfing through YouTube, I had this immediate thought of a song I had always heard around, but never knew who sang it, nor what the name of the artist was. So I did what anyone does when they have a song stuck in their head, I YouTubed the lyrics, and I found the song. It was "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra, and I was in love with the song and everything about it. Here's the song if you please to listen to it yourself.

What I love about jazz and smooth vocals, is the sound is so raw. It is simple, yet the simplicity of it works. When I find myself listening to it, I find it that I am not overwhelmed by the song, nor by the singer. It soothes well with me, I love everything about it. Most, if not all, of the songs themes are about life, heartbreak, and love. It's a simplistic form of music, yet is so catchy and fun to listen to. I don't need loud music to be entertained, I am okay with the simplicity of jazz and smooth vocals. I'm not saying jazz is simple to make, but it is a simple message that it conveys. I love it, I can listen to it all day.

See, my problem with today's music is some of it is so pointless, I don't see how you can write a song about big butts, or big anything and just add music to it, and bam you got yourself a hit. Don't get me wrong, there are still many great artists today creating amazing music, but it seems like to me the wrong ones, are getting too much glory for their pointless music. Music essentially should have raw meaning in it, it needs to send a good message, or have good meaning and story behind the song.

I used to listen to a variety of music, but now have condensed my music taste. I have condensed it to the music most people don't like or maybe have never even listen to before. I don't want to have a mainstream music taste, but a music taste that defines who I am, and I think jazz and smooth vocals does that for me. I can enjoy the music without cringing at a lyric, or not being able to understand the words. It soothes me, and at times I feel like an old soul in a young body, but that's OK with me.