Tom Cruise Should Have Been A Real-Life Action Hero Instead Of An Actor

For someone with his talents, Hollywood seems like a waste of time.

163
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb49-oV0F78

As I sat in the movie theater the other day watching "Mission: Impossible-Fallout," I kept returning to the same thought over and over. As I watched Tom Cruise perform ridiculous stunt after ridiculous stunt, there was one question that I could not seem to get out of my mind.

Why did Tom Cruise become an actor instead of a real-life secret agent?

I just don't get it. There have now been six "Mission: Impossible" movies, and each one seems to feature Cruise performing stunts even more dangerous and ridiculous than the last. This film franchise has seen him scale one of the world's largest buildings, hold his breath for several minutes underwater, and dangle out of airplanes, just to name a few of his activities.

So, why did he waste time becoming an actor when he could have instead been a real-life secret agent? I would assume that anyone who can ram a helicopter into another helicopter, then remain inside the helicopter as it crashes into a mountainside, then retrieve a nuclear detonator from a villain just in time to prevent two nuclear bombs from simultaneously exploding would be a good asset to some sort of real-life organization.

Yet for some reason, Tom Cruise remains in Hollywood, making movie after movie even though he possesses seemingly superhuman abilities that he brilliantly showcases in the "Mission: Impossible" films. If only he would put his skills to use in the real world, because I'm sure that the CIA or the FBI or somebody else would have use for a person that can HALO jump out of a plane while almost getting struck by lightning and still be able to give up his oxygen tank to his comrade before dangerously landing and almost being unable to use his parachute.

The "Mission: Impossible" films are great, but it seems like the world would benefit more from Tom Cruise utilizing his ridiculous talents as a way to make the world a safer place, as opposed to only exhibiting them for a professional film crew to capture and then turn into a multimillion dollar blockbuster film.

Based on these films, Cruise can hang outside of airplanes in mid-air, pilot helicopters without any prior training on how to do so, perform dangerous extraction missions while avoiding an entire army of police officers then still escape through an underground tunnel, and many other seemingly impossible feats as well. Hollywood already has enough great actors, so Cruise would be much more useful in real-life, high-stress, action-hero situations.

Tom Cruise is basically a real-life superhero, so why is he only performing these ridiculous feats of amazement on camera, and not in actual life-threatening situations?

If I didn't know any better, I would almost think that Cruise's stunts had more to do with visual effects and stunt doubles than his actual talents, but this cannot possibly be true because no film crew could be talented enough to make it look like Cruise was fighting a villain while simultaneously hanging off a gigantic mountainside while the countdown to a nuclear explosion was ticking down to zero. It just can't be done. Hollywood is talented, but not that talented.

So, the only possible explanation is that Cruise really did do everything seen in these films. He could have been a real-life action hero who probably would have saved the world on multiple occasions. Unfortunately, he decided to become an actor instead.