Today’s Thought

Today’s Thought

I challenge you to take five minutes out of every day to gather YOUR thoughts and stay true to you

7
Today’s Thought
rebe-pascual-SACRQSof7Qw-unsplash.jpg

For a week straight I challenged myself to do the same, and I will continue to do so. Let your mind run free!

Everyday I jotted down a deep thought for a week

If we really dig deep into our I think we will truly shock ourselves. We as humans are so gifted in so many different things but live too much in others thoughts than our own.

MONDAY

The greatest relationship we will ever have the opportunity to enjoy in our lives is our friendship with God. The Bible speaks of his love for us in the most quoted scripture of all time, John 3:16. God so loved the world that He gave His only Son. This word "love" in the Greek is the word Agape. It is the love that covers all, the love without demand and the love that is impossible to measure. This love so great is the love that God has for us and his greatest desire is not for us to be religious, but for us to have a relationship with him!

TUESDAY

There are times throughout our lives when we feel like we don't measure up to other's expectations of us or maybe we have been hurt so deeply by someone that it has caused us to feel unlovable. But, God sees us in a completely different way. He tells us through His word that He loves us with an everlasting and unfailing love. He knows every detail about you and there is nothing you can do to make him love you more and there is nothing you can do to make him love you less.

WEDNESDAY

From the very moment we wake up thoughts begin to fill our mind and they form the attitude and altitude of our day. We have the opportunity and responsibility to choose the direction of our thoughts. Today choose to replace those thoughts of worry, anxiety and negativity with the truth of God's word.

God tells us that if He is for us who can be against us? He tells us that greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. His word tells us we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength and with God all things are possible. Today fix the direction of your thoughts on what God says is true and not what the world is telling you.

THURSDAY

When you think about the horrible circumstances Paul was in when he wrote these words in Philippians from a prison cell, you truly wonder how he could possibly be happy. He had learned that happiness is not just an emotion you feel, but a decision you have to continually make no matter your circumstances. God has given us the ability to do all things and make it through anything because of Christ who gives us the inner strength.

FRIDAY

In our culture we are taught from a young age to judge people by their outward appearance. This is something that is very normal for us, but remember God does not see things or people the way we see them. In today's scripture the Lord was speaking to Samuel about a young boy who from all outward appearances looked like he did not have much going for him or that he could not accomplish much. But God saw HUGE potential in him because He looked at his heart. In fact that young boy became the king!

That is the way God is looking at you today! You may feel that you are just not measuring up to others expectations or that you just don't have what it takes to be a person who makes an impact with their life. Do not listen to the lies of the evil one. Remember God your creator thinks of you as his "masterpiece" and He has great plans and purposes for your life even today. Live this day with confidence knowing that!

SATURDAY

One of life's greatest needs is to be accepted and to have a sense of belonging. Because that desire and need is so great, it is easy to allow ourselves to be manipulated by popular culture and other people around us. We give into the temptation of conforming to their ways. If we're not careful, we can compromise our faith for the temporary approval of others. As Christians, we must remember that no matter how much pressure we face in life, God is always there to rescue us in our times of need. Rather than living our lives for the approval of others, we must live our lives for an audience of one. Remember, no matter how much the heat is turned up with the pressures to conform, God has given us everything we need to challenge the norm so that we can stand up and stand out for our Lord.

SUNDAY

A great paradox in life is the statement, "the way down is up and the way up is down." Too often in today's self-centered, self-promoting society people are looking to be one up on someone else. However, in one's quest to rise to the top in popularity or success it's easy to become self-reliant and prideful. That is why the scripture say's "pride comes before a fall."

_____________________________

You ARE worthy, you ARE deserving of true happiness and you ARE loved. It's up to us to find those in the right places. You will never know the true feeling of those three until you set your eyes upon the Lord and become his child.

Its up to US to determine how our days go. Wake up, pray, say it will be good day, and go with the flow. Negative thoughts bring negative days. Now, it's okay to not be okay, but know how to recover from it SAFLEY!