Thank You

Thank You

A grateful heart is a happy mind.

12
Thank You
Kenny Young

Learning to be grateful is something everyone thinks they’re good at, but I’ve realized that I’m not. I don’t say thank you enough, and sometimes when I do, I don’t always mean it wholeheartedly. It’s important to me now, to let the people I love who have impacted my life in anyway that I truly am thankful for them. They’ve impacted me, shaped me in some way and for that, I could never sincerely thank them enough.

Mom

You deserve the biggest thanks of them all. You’ve raised me into who I am. You held me when I cried and yelled at me when I was being irrational. You’ve been my constant in the storm of my life and I know you’re never leaving my side. I take you for granted a lot, but you need to know that I didn’t realize how amazing you’ve always been to me. I love you more than humanly possible. Thank you.

Sister

You are my shadow. You are the one that calms me down and pisses me off all the time. You make me laugh so hard I pee my pants. You make me into a better person and I love you so much for always being there for me. I know I make you angry too, but you’re not allowed to go anywhere. Without you at my side, I think I’d be forever lost. Thank you.

Aunts

Who better to have helped raise me? The bond between niece and aunt is so strong and I’m so thankful to have my aunts in my life. In each way, you all have helped mold me into a strong young woman. Giving me insight that sometimes I can’t see because you’re outside of the picture. You handle me with grace because sometimes I’m rough around the edges. But I love you all and all your words of wisdom. Thank you.

Grandma

The Lord has blessed me with two beautiful women who I can call Grandma. Two strong individuals who have showed me that life does get better. Each having been through some of the most unthinkable situations, yet, they show me that hope is alive. Loving me like no one else in this world could, I’ve always felt at home with my grandma. Thank you.

Cousins

My goodness. How do I begin thanking you crazy people? You all have a special place in my heart and I don’t think childhood would have been as fun without you all. You are my best friends and even though you see the worst side of me, you love me constantly. I love our pool days at Grandma’s, our sleepovers and our lunch dates when we can finally catch up. Thank you.

My person

You are my person. You call me at 2am because you are heartbroken and leave me stupid voicemails. But I do the same. I couldn’t be more thankful to have a friend that I could go without seeing for months and then being reunited feels so normal. I miss you, but I’m thankful you’ve been in my life to help me through hard times. Thank you.

Roommate

Who better to go through my freshman year of college with? We laugh, we fight and sometimes we don’t talk. But you know what? You are the only person I could love rooming with. We live in a tiny dorm and sometimes we’re too close, but we make it work. We vent to each other, we hate each other sometimes but in the end, you’re like a sister to me. Thank you.

Boyfriend

I gotta be cheesy and thank you. You’re weird and stupid but you make me smile. You know the kind of things I need to hear on my bad days and you constantly make me smile. You don’t leave me when I’m irritated and you always make me feel special. I’ve never met someone who has been so patient as you have been with me. You know a lot of my struggles and you still hold my hand through it all. Thank you.

My Church Family

My church family. You all are passionate believers in Christ and it’s admirable. You love me constantly even when I was hard to love. You prayed for me even when it was hard to know where I was at. You constantly gave me guidance and direction through every step of my life. You let me know when I was slipped up and still loved me through it all. I’m away now, and you’re still a phone call away. Thank you.