To wear or not to wear these workout pants? That is the question.

Cause sometimes, or a lot of times, no one wants to see that.

2871

Have you ever seen that woman at the gym that should just definitely not be wearing that pair of workout pants? What about the woman that wears just one size too small? Chances are, no matter who you are or what workout facility you go to, you have seen someone who just shouldn't be wearing that pair of workout pants.

So, behold! I am going to let you in on a little secret that will allow you to see if the pants you are wearing will look good when you are squatting that 200 lb weight (you go, girl!). Not many people know about it, so come in closer and I'll whisper it in your ear.....

JUST SIMPLY BEND OVER AND LOOK AT YOUR ASS IN THE MIRROR!

Now is that so hard? I didn't think so. Below are a few checklist items that you need to look for when you're checkin' out that behind in order to know if it's safe to wear those pants to the gym.

1. Can you see your underwear line?

If yes, that means you are probably wearing underwear that is meant to cover up your entire butt. Unfortunately, this type of underwear just wasn't meant to be worn with tight workout pants. No matter what kind of tagline the panties had that made you think they wouldn't be seen, you will always be able to see the underwear line when you bend over in workout pants. Ditch em.

Instead, opt for a thong. I know, a thong is not everyone's forte. Not everyone likes when their butt crack has a piece of floss in it. It can be uncomfortable for some women, but it is a safer bet to try out a thong instead of your butt looking all lumpy from your granny pantie line (see exhibit A).

Exhibit A:

If you're feeling like a real daredevil, like myself, just don't wear any underwear at all! Those workout pants are tight enough and comfortable enough that you don't need to wear anything else. You don't have to worry about any underwear lines or whale tales (see exhibit B) when you are trying to tone that tush.

Exhibit B:

2. Can you see your skin through the material of your pants?

Now that we have the underwear thing figured out, your ass cheeks should not be covered by any material other than your workout pants. So, while you're bending over and admiring your hard work in the mirror, can you see your skin through your pants? (see exhibit C)

Exhibit C:

No one wants to be distracted by how thin the material of your pants is. Whether this is because of purchasing a size too small, low-quality material or they are your favorite pair and you have literally worn them too thin, you need to get rid of them. Your butt and thighs deserve better than that, and so do others that are attending the gym.

3. Can you see your butt crack?

Sometimes, compression pants just don't fit well. It can be the cut, the style, or the size. Your body type and shape need to be taken into account when you wear workout pants. The person behind you is going to notice when you bend over and all of a sudden your pants are falling down and your butt crack is hanging out. It's not attractive.

So, make sure you have the right size and style of pants that works for you. I had a favorite pair of workout leggings and I ended up losing weight so they didn't fit right anymore. I was the girl at the gym that kept having to hold my pants up so they wouldn't fall off. Workout pants shouldn't need to be held up. You need to be focusing on your lift, not on your pants. Don't be that girl. Don't be me.

If you bend over and you like everything you see, you're safe to go to the gym and kill that workout. No distractions, no worries. Go get em, tiger!