To Those Who Put Everyone Else First

To Those Who Put Everyone Else First

...we try to live up to so many unrealistic expectations that others have of us.

26
To Those Who Put Everyone Else First
Tumblr

To start off let me just say to whoever is reading this, YOU are a beautiful human being. You are important in the lives of so many people that you might not even understand how many people’s lives you effect on a day to day basis. Whether it be to your family or your friends, you are worth more than you could ever know.

So many times we get caught up in this life and we try to live up to so many unrealistic expectations that others have of us. When the best thing for us to do is to just take a step back and breathe. Wallflowers are overshadowed everyday. People with large opinions are ignored. Dreamers are consistently crushed by nonbelievers. While these things are so hurtful and upsetting, many responses to these actions are, "Why do I even keep trying?"

My answer, "Why the hell not?"

What do you have to lose besides proving these people wrong? Nothing. There are always going to be people who do not like you, people who do not respect you, but, it is up to each one of us individually to stand up and fight the entitlement others think they might have over us. We are in control of our own lives, and while we might not be in control of what others have to say to us or about us, we do control how we let it affect us. So why let it bother you when you could let it motivate you to keep working harder or doing everything you can to be a better person everyday?

Surround yourself with people who never let you forget how amazing you are. There IS someone out there who cares; someone who wants to see nothing for you but to succeed with any endeavor you choose to embrace. You are so loved by so many. Allow yourself to be loved, because you are so deserving of it. Leave notes for yourself around the house, in the car, anywhere that you might find them to remind you throughout the day how amazing you are.

No one knows every battle you have overcome in your life, because of other people or even the battles that you have fought with yourself inside of your own head. Also, do not be afraid to reach out to others you know who struggle with this as well. You can help each other in more ways than you could ever think possible. The storms of life are forever changing and sometimes we need to get our rain boots and umbrella and face it with no sense of hesitation.

There is nothing getting in the way of achieving our dreams except for ourselves. Do not let yourself be influenced by the meaningless thoughts others have against you and the way you choose to live. Be selfish. Put yourself before anyone else. Allow yourself to get lost in your own definition of a perfect life, I mean it is yours after all. So take the risks and enjoy the ride. Life is a journey with endless destinations.