To Those Struggling in Life, Don't Believe The Lies

To those who think that you won’t be successful — you will be.

98

To those who never thought they would get anywhere in life, you will make it.

To those who are struggling to find a job, the right job will come in time.

To those who struggled in high school to get good grades, you still made it to the other side.

For those still in high school or college struggling to get the grades you need, you will graduate.

To those who didn’t get the scholarships that all the other people got, you will still succeed. You are still amazing, regardless of the fact that you didn’t get a scholarship.

Just because you may not get the grades or the rewards that others get, doesn’t make you any less of a person. Remember, scholarships don’t make or break your character.

To those of you who saw how others sailed through high school or college with honors and with ease, don’t even bother remembering them. They aren’t you. And, just because you might not have gotten a scholarship in either of those times in your life, doesn’t mean that you were a bad student.

We all struggle in school at some point. Remember, those people who sailed through school with ease will have struggles in their life too. It may not always be in school, but they will struggle at different tasks. Just because you struggled in school and they didn’t, doesn’t make you a worse student. You know how hard you worked to graduate, without the scholarships. Your perseverance proved to be all that was needed.

To those people who get the scholarships, please stop acting like you’re all that and a bag of chips. I know that phrase is an old saying, but it’s time to get off your high horse and stop making others feel bad just because they don’t have what you have.

Stop bragging that you’re an honors student. No one likes a stuck-up person who is completely into themselves. Not everyone may be as fortunate as you, but it doesn’t make you any better.

There is a difference between being proud of your accomplishments and shoving them down other people’s throats. You can tell others your accomplishments without bringing them down.

To those of you struggling to find a job after high school or college, be patient with yourself. You have time to figure out what you want to do with your life and where you want to go in your life. Take time for yourself to figure out what dreams you have in your heart. Only you can tell yourself what your desires are. Don’t let anyone pressure you into doing something that you don’t want to do.

To those who think that you won’t become anything in your life, do not ever believe that lie. You are more than what you think you are. You are more than what you have become. You are more than your struggles.

Nothing is given in life, everything is earned. This life requires constant dedication, positivity and hard work. It also requires courage to face your challenges head on. Those aspects of life are not meant to be easy. They are meant to challenge you to find the very best version of yourself.

To those of you comparing yourself to others in your field with jobs or promotions--don’t! You are your own person. The right job for your particular set of skills will come at the right time. You have a very particular set of skills that someone will hire you for. There is no doubt about it. Someone will give you a chance to prove yourself and to help you succeed. Take the time to figure out what your passion is, then go after it with all your heart.

To those who have struggled or still are struggling with self-doubt, fear of failure and/or uncertainty, things will turn around. To those of you who don’t think you will ever be good enough to accomplish your dreams, never believe that lie either. As long as you work hard, keep pushing forward through any of your setbacks, as well as learn from the mistakes you have made, you will succeed at anything in life. If some of you want to work in retail, sales, at an ice cream shop or as a cashier, then, by all means, go for it.

Don’t let anyone stop you from doing the job you want to do. If you want to become an astronaut, a doctor, or a nurse, go for it. If you want to work at McDonald's just to make extra money, jump at the chance. Anything you want to do, you can do. But do something because you want to do it, not because someone else wants you to do it.

To those of you struggling with your self-image, remember this: the right people do and will love you for who you are as a person, not by what you look like. The right people in your life will come along and stick with you no matter what. They will always tell you that you look beautiful and that you’re perfect, just the way you are.

To those of you struggling with finding the right person in your life, don’t give up. Keep believing that the right person will come along. There is nothing more amazing than finding someone who sets your inner soul on fire, gives you laughter when you used to cry and a person who protects you. You will find someone who wants to be there for you in all situations and that person will never leave your side. You often find that person, right as you aren’t even looking for love. The right person is out there for you.

To those of you struggling with a relationship with either or both of your parents, you’re not the only one. All you can do is try to work things out. If things are too much for you, you can, by all means, take time and be away from them. When you feel as though the time is right, then you can try talking to them about the problems you may be having. The talk will not be easy, and you will probably be angry with a lot of things they say, but try to be as calm as possible throughout the entire discussion. It is better to try and explain yourself than to keep things inside and bottled up.

Be proud of the person you have become through your struggles. They often shape you into the person you are meant to be for the rest of your life.

Be proud of what you have overcome instead of looking at how far you have to go. Look at the glass half full instead of the glass half empty.

Everything and everyone will line up in your life to give you the best experiences possible. Keep the positive outlook, love with all your heart and be who you are made to be.