To The Woman Who Raised My Man

To The Woman Who Raised My Man

Thanks for giving birth to the coolest human in the world.

30
To The Woman Who Raised My Man
Logan Morrison
"She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."
-Proverbs 31:26-2

Everyone who knows me knows: I am absolutely head over heels for my man. But he wouldn't be here without those fabulous parents of his. I am so thankful for his entire family that have all brought me to tears from laughter and treated me like part of the family for the past two years. But this one is to the mother that has shaped this man into who he is today.

So.

To the woman who raised my man,

First of all, I cannot thank you enough for teaching him how to love in a way that Jesus loves. It's not only through his words, but through actions: his love and devotion to his family, friends and I. God's love is forgiving, full of grace and truth, and it does not depend on circumstances. Throughout the past year and a half; never, ever, ever has a day gone by that Logan Morrison has not said the words "I love you." It is not circumstantial, and it is full of truth and forgiveness. Let me be the first to admit, I have messed up so many times, but he continues to love me in a way that God desires us, as humans, to love. He shows his love through his words and actions and I am so grateful for that. The love that you have shown him over his entire life is something that is irreplaceable and never-ending.

Thank you for raising him to put family first, and then others. We don't need every single night to be spent together, we don't even need every weekend. Time spent with family will forever be the most important, and it carries into his priorities and values.

Thank you for instilling in him drive and perseverance, and teaching him that he can do anything he sets his mind to, as nothing is impossible with God. He never, ever, ever gives up. No matter whether it be a Friday night football game or getting accepted into the Air Force Academy, not once have I ever seen this human give up on any little thing. Your encouragement and support has brought him so much success. He has a passion for everything he does, and it's such a blessing to see him reach him goals.

Thank you for teaching him how to respect me and everyone else. Never once has he taken me for granted or taken advantage of my body. Logan Morrison is not the typical teenage boy, and I am so thankful for that. Thank you for raising him to treat me the way he does, and look at me in a way that makes me feel like I am the only girl in his world; besides you, of course.

Thank you for teaching him how to enjoy the life we have been blessed with. There has never been a conversation that I have ever had with your son that does not contain laughter. His sense of humor is something I am entirely grateful for, as he is now dating a girl that laughs double the average person. He always looks at the bright side and will forever have a positive (hilarious, occasionally somewhat inappropriate) comment. But hey, he knows how to make everyone smile.

Thank you for teaching him how to be a gentleman. The little things like opening the doors or taking me on a real, actual, old-fashioned date are some of the things that I appreciate the most.

Thank you for sharing him with me, from asking us to go to Colorado for his basic graduation, to letting me join you all at dinner on a Saturday night. I could not be more thankful for all of the moments we have spent together, especially the moments that have taken place recently (since the start of this new adventure at USAFA.

Most importantly, thank you for teaching him that no matter what, God is number one. His love and faith in God is the number one reason that I love Logan Morrison. He encourages my walk with Christ and holds me accountable no matter what. Knowing that God will forever be at the center of our relationship makes me so confident in God's plan for us. There is nothing that I am more grateful to you than this, and I cannot thank you enough for teaching him about Jesus, keeping Him first and praising Him daily in Logan's lifetime.

Ever since I was a little girl my dad has taught me the right way a man should treat a woman. Through Logan I have found exactly the man of God he has been describing to me. Through our relationship, our desire is to further God's kingdom and to encourage one another through every single step of life. There is nothing I appreciate more than the man of God that you have raised.

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." (Proverbs 31:30)

You have raised a man that parents dream of their daughter falling in love with.

To the woman who raised my man, I want to thank you because you have raised the man who continues to make my reality better than my dreams.