To The Seniors That Feel Like Giving Up

To The Seniors That Feel Like Giving Up

Senior year isn't easy, but I know we can get through it!

489
To The Seniors That Feel Like Giving Up
USA Hitman

When one thinks of senior year, they may often imagine a "chill" experience, easy classes, minimal amounts of work- essentially simply the act of coasting towards graduation. Although this may not be the case all of the time, during high school this was more often than not, the case. With colleges already picked and applications accepted, as the year went on high school seemed to become more and more of a joke. By the end of the year, especially after AP test season had ended, school seemed more like a 7-hour movie watching marathon.

With these thoughts of senior year in our heads, I think many of us approached our senior year of college hoping that things would be the same way. With school nearly done and the real world frighteningly in sight, we all hoped for one chill year before being abruptly thrust into adulthood.

However, as my second month of senior year hits its midpoint I'm beginning to discover that for the most part, this hope has definitely not become a reality. With work continuing to pile up I often find myself even MORE busy than I was in past semesters. Senior year in college is not the year of relaxing and fun but rather the year of thesis projects, internships and the realization that the real world is much closer than ever before.

While senior year may seem scary and you may be finding yourself feeling overwhelmed more often than not, I'm here to tell you that it's going to be okay. That even though things may seem like they absolutely suck right now, they will be worth it in the end.

Whether you love college and never want it to end or you're counting down the moments until you walk across that stage at graduation, know that you WILL make it through. Right now you may be drowning in assignments, due dates, and papers but in the end, it will all be worth it. Being able to hold that diploma high and say "I did it!" will be a satisfying feeling that no amount of annoying work can cover up.

Senior year may not be all fun and games in college but that's because it is truly preparing us for the real world ahead of us. All of this work will pay off before we know it.

As someone who is going through it, I can tell you there are going to be days where you just don't want to bother anymore. You're going to feel tired, frustrated and grumpy. You will go through moments where you just want to say "fuck it". When these things occur know that you have to fight these urges. Take a break, hang with a friend, spend time with your family but whatever you do, do not give up.

We're almost there, I know we can do it!