To The Powerful Woman

To The Powerful Woman

The future leaders of this country

10
To The Powerful Woman
Kaylee Gates

This is as much an open letter to myself as it is to other women. To be frank with you, we all have power in us, some just choose for their power to be more pronounced.

To the powerful woman,

You're scary, to a lot of people. You tend to be one of those people that when your feet hit the floor every morning, the devil says, "Oh crap, she's up." Although many people probably don't know it, you're one of the strongest people you know. Although I'm sure those around you are pretty well aware of it. You probably also have a terrible time with men, with friends, with basically everyone. Why? Because they don't know how to stand away from your shadow and create their own power. But one thing I've definitely learned is that you don't trip in 6 inch heels; you definitely don't need to trip over anyone in your life. Speaking of heels, I can almost guarantee that the sound of yours coming near sends shivers down quite a few people's spines. Like Sandra Bullock in "The Proposal." If anyone chooses to see themselves out of your life, hit them with the door on the way out. Do not ever dull your power and your future for anyone else, ever. Your power comes from within; therefore, it's unnecessary to rely on others to gain your power. You can get a lot done when you're wearing lipstick and high heels. A lot. Pretty much anything is possible. You're a girl boss. Whether you own anything or not, you're one of those females that actually get sh*t done. Work it, use it, and don't ever stop. We need more people like you in this country. Coffee is the juice of your people, don't ever let anyone tell you that you've had too much. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. And finally, keep doing you girl. At the end of the day, you're all that really matters.

Sincerely,

The girl in the powerful heels