To The Person Who Tried To Destroy Me

To The Person Who Tried To Destroy Me

I have a few words for you...

128
To The Person Who Tried To Destroy Me
Trent Scroggins

Good luck to you.

The stars, the dice, the eight-ball, and everything in between; won't bring the luck you're going to need. The Devil himself couldn't even succeed when he tempted me in the night. So what makes you think that you are going to win? What honestly makes you think that you are more cunning than the Devil? Start praying for that luck because you're going to need everything in the book to gain this victory.

So go ahead, light that fire and watch me burn.

Here I am watching you strut into the kangaroo court with your tail between your legs while you point your fingers. But with every accusation coming from you, your red hands will only point back to you. And even though you have dug a hole all the way to Hell, you still take the stand like a King praying for his hail Mary and waving the verdict like a white flag. A verdict sentencing me to burn.

You know what? Here's your pen, sign the sentence. I am waiting to burn.

And as I stand here in the middle of a witch hunt listening to my own death sentence, I just have one question for you; is that all you got, that's all you have hiding in your house of cards?

I am ready. I'm right here at the stake, now where's the fire? The pyre is built. I am ready. Ready for whatever heat you want to bring upon me. It takes a lot of fire to burn someone like me. Pour the kerosene, strike a match, and watch me blaze. No, I'll strike the match for you and I promise I won't put out the fire either. Because you want to know something about me?

I am the phoenix.

The fire you incited? The fire you thought would destroy me? It created me. The phoenix dies in flames to rise out of ashes. Stronger, brighter, and reborn.

Every fire that you burn, every flame that starts, every pile of ashes you wish upon me; I will rise from the depths of this living hell.

I will rise like a sun over raging waves crashing against the shore.

I will rise like a full moon while the wolf howls to me.

I will rise like the ghost that will haunt you for as long as you live.

The fire burnt inside of me and brought me out of darkness, it called upon me to transform, to push the ashes from my eyes, and rise out of the fire that had been set to destroy me.

To the person that tried to destroy me; thank you.

I want to thank you for setting me on fire; for leaving me in the darkness of the hot ash. You thought I would crumble, you prayed I would crawl into a hole and give up. Would like you an applause?

Instead, this darkness gave me light, strength, and the power to be free again. Now, I can walk with my head high to face the demons. Everyday of my life, I aim to be a little bit stronger, I aim to be the Queen, rise like the phoenix that I was born to be.

And it is all thanks to you; the person who failed at destroying me.

"Give away the stone. Let the waters kiss and
Transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
Let go."