To The Person I Know I Can Trust

To The Person I Know I Can Trust

Thank you for being my person.

10
To The Person I Know I Can Trust
roryvaden

I seem to come off as a really trustworthy person because I am an open book, but that's truly not the case. I have had people stab me in the back, pretend to be my friend, and take advantage of me. I have been hurt and bruised by people who I once thought I could trust. So really in reality, I don't trust people easily. That is, I don't trust people with my emotions, body, or life. It takes a long time for me to feel as if I can open up to someone. Then you came along. It was like you were sent to me to prove that I can trust someone completely.

Something about you is different from what I am used to. I feel protected when I am by your side. I know you would not let anyone hurt me. You hate seeing me hurt, and you always make sure that I am safe and alright.

I trusted you right from the beginning:

-You walked with me in the dark one night so I wouldn't have to walk alone.
-You always make sure I'm okay emotionally before you say goodbye or leave.
-You have me text you when I get home safely (whether I walked or drove).
-You make me feel comfortable in your presence. I am comfortable sleeping by you, which is one of my most vulnerable physical states.
-You hold me tight, and deep down, I know you wouldn't let anything bad happen to me because you love me.
-You hate seeing me cry, and you don't always understand my emotions, but you listen anyway.
-I don't drink, but if I did I know you'd make sure I was okay and nobody touched me. You'd protect me. I know you would.
-You have even distanced yourself from me because you were worried you were going to hurt me. But let's face it, you were worried about getting hurt as well.
-You check up on me and ask how I am everyday.
-You let me vent to you and I know what I say stays between us.

You have become my sense of home. My home away from home, if you will. I always go to you because I know I can trust you. I know you love me and will do everything in your power to protect me. I love you so much. Not only for that, but also for being the way that you are.

You care about me and make me so comfortable. My comfort does not come easily, but with you it did. I've never felt so safe with another human being before. I tend to have the idea that "people suck" because everyone tends to hurt me in one way or another, and sometimes people betray my trust in them, but you've created an environment where I feel comfortable and at home. I have your back as well. I'll always be there for you and provide you with comfort. Thank you for being the person I can trust.