To The One Who Caught Me When I Fell

To The One Who Caught Me When I Fell

I've fallen for other guys who had promised me the world, but only did so to have some sort of control, or say over my life

130
To The One Who Caught Me When I Fell

If my appearance is at all influenced by the way I feel, I must have been glowing for the past few weeks. I declared myself "too jaded" after too many relationships of bad intentions masked in pretty words. I was shaken when I realized how insincerity can sound hauntingly similar to congeniality; so I began to wonder if genuinely kind people still existed.

I've fallen for other guys who had promised me the world, but only did so to have some sort of control, or say over my life. I'm not into the conventional idea of charm, or chivalry because it seems so insincere. However, something about being around you felt real.

It might surprise you to know that I fell hardest when you told me I was free to leave, to walk away whenever. Those words made me feel safer than any "I love you" I had ever heard.

I am attracted to your patience: You let me live my life and don't become jealous of what I am passionate about. You don't get upset when I become so enveloped in doing what I love, that I forget to respond to your message. You're embracing the parts of me that I thought made me "undateable".

I am intrigued by your life away from me and I always want you to pursue what's best for you. I don't want you to give anything up for me--I just want to give you the amount of support you have given me so far.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't scared-- but for the same reasons that I am scared-- I am happy. I will no longer let fear guide me away from this quintessential feeling of contentment you have helped me to find again.