To The Next Class Of BG Falcons

To The Next Class Of BG Falcons

Baby falcons are meant to fly forever too.

7
To The Next Class Of BG Falcons
archinect.com

Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to Bowling Green State University! After countless tours, events, meetings, and pounds of recruitment mail, you’ve finally decided to venture out to our spacious campus in Northwest Ohio.

As an experienced BGSU student, I’m here to tell you that you’ve chosen wisely. Sure, BGSU does have its flaws- the constant gusts of wind everyday, the abundance of farm fields, the piercing noise of the train every morning- but perhaps, you, like the rest of us, wanted to overlook such flaws and embrace such flaws as uniqueness.

Of course, there are quite the number of positive things about BGSU- the campus dining options (Panda Express, Jamba Juice, and Marco’s Pizza?! Hell yeah!), the beautiful green patches of grass and trees during the warmer seasons, the adorable shops in downtown BG… not to mention the abundance of cookie places and clubs. Yes, BG may be another small town of fields to some, but to us, BG is like a second home.

It may take you awhile to get used to the life of a college student, that rings true for any freshman in any college. However, you, and the other “baby Falcons” (as we like to refer to freshmen), are surrounded by others who are either going through the same thing or did go through the same thing at some point. We get it and we’d be happy to help you!

College can be difficult and whether you live an hour away from BG or three hours away, it’s normal to be homesick. The thing about BGSU is that it has a way of offering a comfort spot whether it’s in your dorm room, in a quiet corner on the second floor of our student union, the seventh floor of the library, the cute little pond next to the music building, or some cute cafe downtown like Grounds for Thought.

Bowling Green has its charm and so does BGSU so make sure to enjoy your years here because I know am so far. Falcons Fly Forever.