To The Lorelai To My Rory

To The Lorelai To My Rory

Copper Boom

31
To The Lorelai To My Rory

To My Lorelai,

As Mother’s Day, has come and gone, I have been reflecting a lot about how lucky I am that we have the relationship we do. We always compare ourselves to Lorelai and Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls, as I am sure tons of mother-daughter duos do, but I believe that show brings me so much comfort and happiness because it reminds me of you and of us.

We are best friends like them. As I have grown older, you have become more of a best friend then a strict parental figure. I know that, just like Rory, I can go to you about anything going on in my life from relationships, school stress, career choices, or in the need for some retail therapy, you are my go-to gal. Just like in the show, we have our fair share of moments where we are butting heads but our arguments do not last long. In fact, they usually end in laughter.

Though I was fairly young when Gilmore Girls was on air, I vividly remember watching it with you on Tuesday nights. I didn’t know it then but this show would have such a great impact on my life and our relationship. Binge watching every episode with you multiple times will forever be my happiest times in life. Going to the Gilmore Girls Fan Fest in Connecticut with you and meeting the cast was so special to me and I can’t wait to experience it with you again this year. Waking up at 3 o’clock in the morning to watch the revival as soon as it was released and staying up all night to watch all 4 90-minute episodes was one of our craziest memories but one of the best. Everyone called us “dorks” and “freaks” but it meant a lot to us and I am so happy we got to drink insane amounts of coffee and shout “stay awake!” together.

It should be considered a talent how we can use a Gilmore quote in any situation. For example, when I was starving at mass the other day and asked you if you had any Certs. You pretended to look in your purse and said " It's fuzzy" to which I replied, "let me catch my breath" and we cracked up. If others heard us, they'd be so confused but the only important thing we knew exactly what we were saying.

Here’s to many more adventures. “We’re almost there, but nowhere near it. All that matters is we’re going.”

Copper Boom,

Your Rory