To The Hopeless Romantic

To The Hopeless Romantic

For those who are looking, waiting, wishing for love.

28
To The Hopeless Romantic
tumblr

If you're anything like myself, you have a heart of gold who wants nothing more than to love someone tenfold the way you love yourself. However, being a hopeless romantic in a "hook-up" culture can be heart wrenching sometimes, to the point where the hopeless part really comes into full affect. You want nothing more than to love and to be loved, to have someone to love and cherish, to share this life with.

But girl, know that you will get that. Know that love isn't something that you go out your front door and start looking for one day. Rather, it's something that comes into your life when you least expect it, and also when you're most ready for it. It comes when you truly and sincerely are in love with yourself and all that you are, when you know that it's okay to be by yourself. It comes when you go through trials and tribulations, but don't seek someone out to lay all the pain upon. It comes when you are excited and looking forward to your future and the things to come, because yourself and your success are all that you actually currently see in your future.

So my advice to you, you beautiful human being, is to be patient. Be patient and focus on yourself; getting to know yourself more, learning to love yourself for all that you are, flaws included, and focusing on creating a successful and happy future. Work on building yourself into an even better person, someone who you fall in love with every single day when you see that person looking back at you in the mirror. Be comfortable enough with your own being to be able to confidently say, "I don't need a man to make me whole," and truly believe that in your heart. Because just while you are working on yourself, the man of your dreams is working on himself as well, building his heart and soul up to love you the way you deserve to be loved, waiting patiently for you to walk into his life.

Most importantly, don't pour your heart and soul into someone who is only temporary, someone who can only give you back fifty percent of them when you are giving one hundred and ten percent, someone who doesn't see all that you have to offer. Don't give someone your tomorrow, when they're only giving you their today. Don't cheat yourself of the love you deserve, don't settle. We all want surprises, flowers on our doorstep, goodnight phone calls, random "I love you's," and everything in between that comes with a relationship. But wait until you can have all of that with the right person, with the person who deserves to hold your entire heart in the palm of his hand.

Your forever is out there, so until he walks so nonchalantly into your life, go out and be the best version of yourself that you can possibly be.