To The High School Seniors Who Are Waiting For It To Be Over

Make these last few months count.

2370
Sydney Eisenberg

Senior year of high school was a year for the books. A year full of college applications, acceptances, and excitement. However, there comes a point where high school becomes tiring and seems pointless, especially when senioritis starts to kick in. I, for one, am guilty of feeling this way. I hope that any high school senior can take the advice I'm about to give to help them enjoy the rest of their senior year.

Dear High School Seniors,

As my first semester of college is coming to an end, I realized there was much more to high school than what I thought. First things first, I'm sure I'm with everyone when I say this but, enjoy every second of this year. Make the most of it because time flies by way too fast. Next thing you know, you'll be moving into college somewhere in the country, whether it's a 20 minute drive from home or on the opposite coast. At this point, I'm sure many of you are stressing about where you'll end up, but don't rush anything and live in the moment. As extremely happy as I am in college, I look back at my time in high school and wish I lived more in the moment rather than rushed things.

If there's one thing I could really tell you not to do, it's to not your bed, shower, home cooked meals, and hometown for granted. It's pretty difficult going from sleeping in a big bed to a twin sized bed. Being able to sprawl out without worrying if you'll fall off the bed is one of the greatest feelings, so don't take your bed at home for granted. Taking long, hot showers at home are totally different than taking them at school. At home, you don't have to worry about the amount of time spent in the shower or wearing shower shoes. Meanwhile, being at school calls for the opposite. While you're at school you're going to miss your mom's homemade meals. The food at school gets boring super quickly (it doesn't taste that great either) and all you're really going to want is a home cooked meal while sitting around the table with your family talking about your day. Also, we all feel (or felt) like we need to get away from our parents and our boring town. Don't take your hometown for granted because sometimes while you're away at school, you're going to be dreaming of being there.

This is the one year where you NEED to hang out with your friends as much as possible. If you're bored one night, instead of watching Netflix in your bed until you fall asleep, maybe call your best friend and make her come over to do it with you. It will be so much more fun that way and if you think about it, you're not just gonna be able to call him or her up on a random Wednesday night to tell them to come over when you're bored for much longer.

Be THAT person and take pictures of everything. And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. Who cares if people think it's extra of you!! You're capturing the moments that you want to remember for the rest of your lives! I'm so glad I did this because sometimes I look back and remember all the fun memories I shared with my best friends during this year. Also, don't be afraid to post ALL THE TIME on social media, especially Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and VSCO. It's not like you don't do it anyway!

What I want you to take away from all of this is don't wish the best year of high school away. You might be over some of the people and you might need a fresh start, but all in all you know you wouldn't have wanted your high school experience any other way. Take it all in and make the most of every game, going off campus for lunch, senior cut day, the big senior trip, prom, and everything in between.