To The Graduating High School Senior Who Isn't Ready To Leave

I know exactly how you feel, I was that senior.

3258
Alabama Today

These past few weeks as I have scrolled through Instagram and Facebook (yes, I still get on here), and looked at Snapchat stories, I have seen senior pictures, senior prom pictures, graduation parties, and even a few graduation pictures. As I look at these pictures, it brings back a flood of memories that I will never forget and sometimes I wish I could go back. I really do.

So if you're a graduating high school senior and you are reading this, I know just how you feel. I know you are bombarded with people asking you what you're doing with the rest of your life and how annoyed you are by that. I know you are anticipating graduation and all the fun that it brings, but believe me when I say I KNOW you are not ready to leave, even though you think you are.

I was the senior in high school that had tears in her eyes on my last day of high school. I wasn't ready to leave the school that provided me with the BEST senior year I could've ever asked for, the BEST of friends, and the absolute BEST memories that I will forever cherish. I just wasn't ready to leave all of that behind and I was heartbroken.

I know how you're feeling as you go to graduation parties and have one of your own. Please cherish these parties and invite all of your friends and family (They bring the good gifts). Talk about all the memories you made in high school and make sure you thank your parents while you're at it. They need to be thanked for putting up with you during your high school years.

As graduation approaches, I want you to spend as much time with your high school friends as you can. Stay up all night and talk about memories, go to all the grad parties you can, go on day trips and many adventures because once graduation is over, it's over. Trust me, it goes by so fast. During the days leading up to graduation, spend time with your high school friends because unless you're going to school with or near each other, you are likely not to see these people again. Also, when graduation day approaches, walk across the stage and soak it all in. Look into the crowd at all the people that helped you get where you are at that exact moment. Sing the alma mater to the top of your lungs and if you shed a tear (or seven), it is perfectly fine. I was that girl. Heck, I cried watching our senior video from last year.

If you're the high school senior that just isn't ready to leave, you're not alone friend. When you're in college and up to your neck in school work, you'll wish you hadn't said you were ready to graduate, trust me. You're not alone in this friend.

As you prepare to graduate, know that everyone is rooting for you. You will be a high school graduate and you should be so dang proud of that.

Oh, by the way, TAKE SO MANY PICTURES. Fill that camera roll up!!! You will want these memories to look back on.

Love,

The girl who wasn't ready to leave either