To The Girl Who Used To Be In All Of My Pictures

"I'm so glad you have the right people around you now that you know better."

43

Hey there.

Honestly, I never thought I would be writing an article like this one. I thought I would write one along the lines of "A Letter to My Maid Of Honor or Bridesmaid" to you one day, but unfortunately, I see that day will never come with you. No hard feelings, though. I'm so happy for you. You found such amazing friends and a guy who seems to give you the world. That's what I only hoped for with you. I'm glad you have such positives influences around you now.

I want to take a moment to apologize. I want to apologize for being such a bad influence on you. I know me and you had such amazing times, but at the same time, I was constantly getting you into trouble. I want to sincerely apologize for you getting into trouble, but I won't apologize for all the crazy things we did and experienced together. I feel terrible for leading you down a horrible path. I'm so glad you have the right people around you now that you know better.

Now, I need to take a moment to say remember when because here lately I have been reminiscing a lot. So many days I want to just text you and say, hey let's go do this again, but I know it's better for mine and your sake that things remain how they are. Who cares what I say now that we did right? We can't get in trouble now (or at least I hope not) Remember when we were supposed to be in Cordova but we were all the way in Georgia? Crazy night right. Or how about the time we went from Jacksonboro light, to Edisto Beach, then all the way back to Waffle house because ya'll were hungry (honestly I just wanted to go home but I said yes anyways because ya'll were hungry) all in one night, or the countless sleepovers with three people in the bed not just me and you. The countless probably thousands of dollars wasted on fast food and gas for riding so many dirt roads (how many times did we get lost?). How about the time we slept in the hospital parking lot? (We thought we had that one all planned out, sadly we didn't. We also quickly found out McDonald's doesn't stay open 24 hours either*insert mad face emoji*) What about all the Orangeburg trips for whatever reason it may have been for? Oh, I almost forgot the summer before and the trips to Barnwell. Totally got busted for that one! The night of supposedly at the fair? The Myrtle beach trips too. We did it all together. I could sit here for days and type about the stuff we did, but you just had to be there for most of it to know just how amazing those times were.

I want to say thank you for all the down time as well we had together, not just all the crazy things we did. Thank you for all the countless nap dates, and sleepovers during the week because I didn't want to be home alone. Thank you for binge watching whatever show we were into that week and always having brown rice cooked for me (thanks for always cooking for me in general. We all know how badly that ended the one night I tried to cook.) Thank you for being there through all the heartbreaks and being my shoulder to cry on when the next one broke my heart. Thanks for always listen to me rant about mom and how much I missed grandma(oh how I still wish she was here, maybe things would have been different). Thanks for all the days and nights of cuddles as well.

We had what seemed like our whole lives ahead of us together but sadly ended so quickly. I hope that one day your kids know about me and teach them to do so much better than what we did. But to also sometimes live life a little fearless and on the edge every once in a while. I wish only the best things in life for you. I hope you become an athletic trainer (if that's even still your major). I hope you one day travel the world (like we planned on). And I hope one day our paths do cross again and maybe we can catch up and have some amazing stories to tell each other about the different lives we continued on with.

Signed,

Your Childhood best friend

P.S. Sometimes don't let it slip to mind to say "why the hell not?" every once in a while