To The Girl Who Hasn't Found Her Confidence Yet

To The Girl Who Hasn't Found Her Confidence Yet, It Will Come, But You've Got To Put In The Work

You are enough, you've just got to keep reminding yourself of that.

918

I know it's hard. You are a beautiful, powerful woman and no one should ever tell you differently. Sadly, there are ones out there that feel that they are empowered to break you down and I wish I could tell you that it will be an easy journey, but it is one of the hardest things that I have ever done. I want to start off by saying the most cliché thing that you will ever hear but trust me it is the truth!

Once you find your confidence, you will see yourself differently in the best way.

I used to hate myself. I always believed every little thing that was said about me. I still do not know how I lost my confidence — from others tearing me down, or myself doing the damage. Growing up, I was always told that I had such confidence and I never believed them — I knew that on the inside, I paid attention to whatever I told about myself.

Everyone's experience will be different, but I believe once you change your mindset and stop listening to others, you will truly start gaining confidence. People are always going to talk about you or have something negative to say about your appearance. The most important thing is to never give up. Everything will be worth it.

I still remember the exact day that I started seeing myself differently and having confidence in myself. I had re-tried on a top that before made me look "ugly." When I looked in the mirror, I no longer saw the girl that tore herself down and let others do the same.

I felt good about myself and I even cried a bit because I was just so happy that I was finally seeing myself the same way that loved ones saw me.

I still have to catch myself when I see pictures of myself or trying clothes on that I use to never try before. There are still some nights when I get in my feels about not having confidence at all. I have to remind myself of how I am able to help others with confidence and how I felt in that moment of trying on that top.

I want you to find your confidence. It just doesn't have to be about your appearance, it can be in whatever you love doing but don't feel confident in it. Stop listening to others and just feel beautiful about yourself.

You only have one life and you don't want to waste that time caring about what others are saying about you.