To the Girl Who Fears Being 'Too Much'

To the Girl Who Fears Being 'Too Much'

People don't always see this in a good light, because here's the reality: You have something that they do not.

13
To the Girl Who Fears Being 'Too Much'
My Photo

These days, everyone wants the same things and looks. You see it all over social media, everyone's got their set #goals - whether it's beauty, fashion, relationships, or any materialistic matter. I'm here to tell you, don't apologize for not being like them. Don't hold yourself to such a status-quo standard. Not only does this apply to materialistic matters, but look at it from a standpoint of your personality and life mentality.

I see it everywhere these days. People want to fit in; no one wants to be seen as 'out there', 'confident', or 'too positive', for example. This may sound cliché, but it's so imperative that you be whoever you want to be without fear. Carry yourself with all of the joy, love, and passion for life that you wish. People criticize those who they fear. If you are genuinely content, it shows. If you're overjoyed about life, someone is going to notice. People don't always see this in a good light, because here's the reality: You have something that they do not.

Never apologize for being too much for someone. For loving too much, for absorbing too much of life, or for feeling too much. You are a work of art, treat yourself as such. Don't compose yourself as monotone as the world wants you to be, and don't let people take away from your joy. You are a daughter of God, and he has made you to be unique - NEVER stray from this truth! You're not missing out on designer clothes, cliche posts, or having conversations that are drowned in gossip (Though, I'm not knocking you if you do/have any of these things).

Comparison is the thief of joy, friend. Do people compare a rock to a gem? no. In the same way, do not hold yourself to their standard, or attempt to fit in their mold.

You are confident, beautiful, and full of life. Never let anyone take your joy away, and never lose your sense of wonder and exuberance for things to come.