Every Girl Who Has Been In A Long-Term Relationship Before Should Read This

He was "the one". He was "Mr. Right". And then he wasn't...

45
Flickr

You were in the perfect relationship and everything in your life was going exactly how you wanted and planned for things to go. You gave your heart to a boy years ago and you never in a million years thought that you would one day ask for it back.Just because you have been dating someone for one, two, three, four, or even five years does not mean you wasted those years. Those years brought you so many life lessons and helped you grow and helped to shape you into the woman God intended you to be. God has huge plans for you. God has your Mr. Right handpicked and when you meet him, everything will make sense. You will realize why this relationship had to end. You will realize why things weren't right with this particular partner.

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born, says the Lord" Isaiah 66:9

Take a step back and just stop for a moment. Give yourself a minute to think about your life and what you want it to be. You and your long term partner were a package deal, but guess what..it's just you now. You get to decide who you want to be! This is YOUR time so spend it how YOU want to! You are an individual now and no longer part of a pair. As scary and lonely as that sounds, it is so freeing. Don't get me wrong, things are going to get lonely. You're going to feel alone so often, but please, I am begging you, DO NOT SEEK ATTENTION FROM ANYONE AND EVERYONE. This is your time to form life lasting friendships with people and most importantly this is your time to do things for yourself! Join that small group at church you always wanted to attend but felt like you couldn't because of him. Go to that Sam Hunt concert you never got to go to. Eat out where you want to this time. Dedicate your time to YOU.

A little word of advice though...

Don't go out and do crazy things you would never do to try and prove a point.

Be yourself. Be content being alone. Be happy as an individual. Everything is going to fall into place one day. You'll find the one you're supposed to marry and spend forever with. Don't compare your timeline to anyone else's because God has planned every single second of every single day for you.

Just because you are single does not mean you are alone.

"Never will I leave you. Never will I forsake you" Hebrews 13:5