To The Snake Of A Friend That Slithered Into My Life

I don't understand why you have to keep hurting people.

1886

Snake /snāk/

noun.

1. A snake is someone who you think is sincere and really nice, but then turns out to be a backstabber.

2. Someone who acts like your best friend, but who actually is the opposite.

I have a question for you: Why do you feel the need to create drama? Do you get a high when you turn friends against friends? Do you feel like you get to play God when you destroy people's relationships and lives? Here we all thought you were a kind person who offered nothing but love and friendship, now you have proved us all wrong.

I was one of the few people who continued to believe you were a better person, and I gave you so many chances to prove me right. Everyone told me how you would wind up hurting me, because you didn't actually want to be a friend, you just wanted to manipulate people. I can still remember the day that I finally gave up all hope that you had a heart and were actually a kind and caring person.

I was sitting not even five feet away from you, when you and another person started to talk about me. So you openly bad mouthed me as I sat there, not saying anything but just listening. I think the two of you finally caught on, or decided to rub the salt in the wound more by saying maybe you guys should text about the situation. So there it was the confirmation it was about me, because why else would you have pointed at me right before that. To make matters worse though when you left you didn't even say bye or acknowledge me. It was in this moment that I finally gave up on our friendship. I can respect talking behind someone's back, I mean we all do it, but to do it openly in front of the person you call a friend is taking it too far.

Fast forward to a few days after this incident and I have our other friend come up to me explaining how you have been talking shit on her and two other people. It seems you just can't leave things alone and let people live their lives. Instead you have to stir the pot, it's like you get excited by creating drama. Next thing I know you start with your crocodile tears.

Ah yes, as our time as friends I noticed these fake tears. I don't know how you can cry on command like you do, but I must say I'm impressed. Those are the tears you use to get everyone to feel sorry for you, and you hope they will support you and turn against others. I've been a victim of falling for those tears, and that's why I've given you as many chances as I have.

I just want you to come forward and admit the type of person you are. I think a lot of us would respect you more if you were at least honest in the way you acted, but then again if you're a snake now then it will never change. It's gotten to the point you have made others feel isolated and they have left their friend groups because of you. I just really wish I could understand you, because I want to know why you feel it's ok to continuously hurt people.