To The Friend That Always Has My Back

To The Friend That Always Has My Back

You keep me fighting even when I feel like giving up.

24
To The Friend That Always Has My Back
Ashley Yakopec

I don't need to start this out by describing the long list of laughs and memories we've made; we both know that would probably take countless hours and everyone would be bored. I'm not going to say we will be "best friends forever" or that you'll always be in my life since we're never exactly sure what the future holds. But one thing I can say for certain is that you've always been there for me, whether it be to listen to me cry about boys or come to baseball games with me when no one else would. Something I've noticed most about you is how you hold people together and fight for us when we can't even fight for ourselves sometimes, and you never feel the need to ask a question. That's why this one is for you.

To the girl that always has my back,

You've never been the person to put someone down because of their actions. You've always been that friend that anyone and everyone can lean on when they're having troubles because let's be real, everyone can be your friend, you don't discriminate. I've been through the lowest of the lows and somehow you always encourage me to come out on top. Throughout every flaw or setback that I may face, you support me and hope the best for me because you're the friend that's always had my back.

Sometimes it can be so hard to see friends leave your life for God knows what reason, but you've always been the one to hang around just a little bit longer. In reality, I've never really expected anyone to stay in my life for as long as you have because I know people leave, but you've stayed for the better. When the world is filled with darkness, I see the light within you. You're the friend with the heart of a warrior. So for that, I thank you.

When I think of all the good the world has to offer, I look at you and realize you deserve all the good this world has to offer. I look at you and I see greatness and I know one day you'll reach it, no matter what barriers stand in your way. Right now, you have a whole team rooting for you to do and be the best you could possibly be and this team will keep growing and I pray to God I continue to be a part of this team to see who you become.

Thank you so very much for always catching me when I fall. Thank you for seeing the best in me even when I couldn't see it within myself. And thank you for having my back when I was sure no one would. You did it without a second guess and you continue to do it for me, so thank you to the friend that always has my back.

Love you to the moon and back,

The girl that still stands by you.