To The Dreamers In A Society That Tries To Shut Us Down

To the dreamers in a world of non dreamers, this one is for all of you.

Please, I beg of you this one thing: don’t stop dreaming, ever.

We are a world in dire need of dreamers, of doer, and of go getters, so please never change.

I grew up in a house hold where the motto was “if you put your mind to it, and try hard you can do anything”, and I feel as if this is becoming a less common thing in today’s society which saddens me greatly.

I think now a days everything is about what will make you the most money, make you look the best, a so on, not what will make you happy, or give you deep satisfaction in life.

I have never been someone who liked to do the things that didn’t make me happy, obviously those things are a part of life, but I knew going into college that I wasn’t going to pick a major just because it paid well, but because it was something I could see myself being happy doing for the rest of my life. So what if my pay check isn’t the biggest, my heart will be so full of love, and satisfaction that I could honestly care less. Thankfully I had two parents who supported me in my decisions on my major, although I know that this isn’t always the case.

I have always been a dreamer, someone who would dream of big things and then ultimately try and do them. Although, realistically they were not always things I could accomplish at my small age, that didn’t keep me from trying. [This taught me about disappointment, and how failure isn’t always a bad thing- sometimes it pushes you to try harder, to get back up and keep pushing.]

This is the plea I have to my generation, and the generation that follows; please never stop the dreaming, and the doing. Please always set your goals high, dream big, and try hard. Although, you might be faced with disappointment, as I have found myself faced with on many occasions, you will still be able to say, I tried, I gave it my best. And who knows, maybe sometime down the road you will find yourself better equipped for that dream, and then once you have grown and learned you will be able to refaced it, and maybe succeed at it.

And who knows, maybe one day your dream will be the very thing that changes our world or the better.

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Steve Jobs