To The Boys Who Hurt My Bestfriends

To The Boys Who Hurt My Bestfriends

She was not unworthy, you are.

1343
To The Boys Who Hurt My Bestfriends
Tumblr

In each and every one of our friends, we seek a part of ourselves we wish we could be more like. We have the confident friend, the reliable one, and the one that doesn't care what anyone thinks. Each of these people are the parts of us that we just don't show as much, whether the reason be uncertainty or we just haven't realized it yet.

So when you hurt my friends, especially my best friends, you hurt me. While you're sitting there texting your side girl with the uneven extensions, you're removing the light from my best friends eyes. I watch her as your stupid four letter name lights up on her phone (never trust the four letter namers) and I see her eyes deepen and turn black. They say your pupils dilate when you're looking at something you love, her eyes shrank.

And as you continuously hurt her, without realizing it, you are taking the best parts of her away. She is smart, and I don't mean like AP smart I mean nursing and pre-med smart. But you make her question her intelligence when she falls for your relentless charm over and over again. And it makes it hard for me when I try to tell her how she isn't dumb and this is natural and we all do it. But you don't tell someone walking into a house fire that what they did is understood. And stupid boy you are so very much like a fire. You require so much emotional feeding and taking and you start to swell and spark without a moments notice. And all the girls see your light because for some reason you entice people on a biological level that makes these girls believe they couldn't ever live without you.

But they can. Because my best friend, even though you have taken away her feelings of self-worth and she feels her ability to choose has been stripped from her, she can live without you. And you need to realize that you cannot treat girls like objects and expect them to always be there. Because my best friend is beautiful and her beauty is something you are so undeserving of. My best friend is loyal without a fault, an aspect of her you have always taken full advantage of. She is smart and you have made her doubt her everlasting ability to do the right thing. And because you have dimmed the light on all of her best qualities you have removed part of her from me and if it's not too much trouble, I would like her back. Release your unreasonable grasp on the person that gives me more confidence than any boy ever has. Stop calling her at 3 am just wanting to talk because you're miles away and that's the best you can get. Don't send her pictures of you and other girls just to hurt her. Didn't your mother raise you better than that? I hope one day when your future daughter who is smart and beautiful too gets her heart broken by some ruthless teenage boy that you feel even an ounce of pain that we all do every time our best friend gets hurt.

Because when you hurt her you hurt me, and I'm very tired of seeing the person most deserving of love, losing faith in the concept altogether.