To the boy who never loved me

To the boy who never loved me

thanks to you, I love myself

45
To the boy who never loved me

I loved you. I loved you with every bit of my heart. I loved you more than words could've described.

So quickly, you convinced me you'd never hurt me. You convinced me that you'd never leave me. You convinced me that I was the only one you've ever wanted.

So quickly, I watched you go from making me your one and only, to making me feel like I didn't matter at all. I watched you turn everyone against me. I watched you slip from my fingers, but I was still convinced you loved me.

I gave you every bit of my heart. I gave you everything I had. I put in all my effort, just to watch you give up. Just to see you not give a damn.

Then you quickly showed me that I wasn't ever anything to you. You taught me not to fall so quick and so hard. Because right when I thought you were my forever, you gave up. You walked away.

But you know what? It's okay. Yea you hurt me. You broke my heart. But now I know a little more of what I want for myself.

Day by day I'm learning that you were just a lesson for me that needed to be learned.

I took notes as I watched it all fall apart. I cried so many nights because I didn't want to lose you.

The sweet words you once said to me, turned into the most hurtful. The way you used to sweetly look at me, turned bitter. The way you used to say my name brought smiles to my face, now it only brings memories of what was.

So thank you. Thank you for showing me what I don't need. Thank you for giving me up. Because if you hadn't, I wouldn't be learning how to love myself.