To The Boy Who Changed The Way I Love

To The Boy Who Changed The Way I Love

When you leave a toxic person, you still feel the poison.

69
To The Boy Who Changed The Way I Love
msecnd.net

I never thought I would meet someone who could bring my guard down so quickly. I thought you were going to be different from other guys, but it turns out I was extremely wrong. I didn't think I would cross paths with a guy as emotionally manipulative until I met you. You might come across this and think, "When did I do this to you? I was always so nice." That's where you're wrong. You were completely unaware of how you treated me. You may have thought you were being a decent guy, but now you'll read this from my point of view. I can't bring myself to face you, even though I'll have to some day, because I'm scared of what would happen. Will you try to be nice? Will you look me in the face and tell me to leave the next party I go to? Only you know the answers to those two questions.

To start off, I was very unsure about you when we first met but eventually I grew comfortable around you. You told me things no guy has ever told me before. You told me the things I wanted to hear-- how you like me and think I'm pretty. You made plans with me that seemed promising and from that point on I was convinced you were one of the good ones. I would wait for you to call and ask me to go over. The best part of my weeks was hanging out with you because I only got to see you on the weekends. Knowing you would call me and that I had set plans with you made everything great. I thought I found someone who wanted to be with me.

Sometimes,you would talk about things that made me feel guilty, even when I had no reason to be. I constantly felt like I was doing something wrong when I clearly wasn't. Every time I saw a look of disbelief on your face, I would try to say/do something that would make you smile again. When you continued to guilt trip me, I became emotional and fell asleep right after. I tried to do everything to keep us on good terms. I put my all into someone who didn't appreciate me.

You cared about the things I did in the past more than anyone I've ever met, only because you wanted to get to know me better. Yes, I wanted to open up about my past to you, but it became so hard at this point. You were picking and choosing my qualities to see if I was dateable enough for you. I mentioned a few things about my past you were curious about, and you judged me. You were in disbelief. But if the things I did happened before I met you, you shouldn't have been mad. My past is what made me into the girl I am today. One thing I hated was that you gave me 3 strikes. I had 2 out of 3 that you based on my past, and you said we'd be done if I got a third. Being in the talking stage or dating shouldn't be based on strikes. Clearly, you didn't trust me enough, even though I trusted you.

But there were some weekends you were kind and sweet. When I accidentally missed an important assignment for class, you were there to try to help me solve the problem. When my grandpa passed away, you listened to me and let me cry to you. It was those times you were there for me that I felt everything was going to be okay. We would watch horror movies together and comment on every stupid thing a character would do. It was those times that made me feel like I was a lucky girl to be with a guy like you. Except, now I know, that one-sided expectations can really break you.

Little did I know, you were going to hurt me eventually. You stopped calling and texting me. You stopped asking me to hang out with you. You avoided me at parties and if we bumped into each other, you'd act surprised that I was there. We had made plans to hang out that day/night, and you just dropped them. You made me leave your room with my friends because you wanted to continue partying with yours. You told me that I needed to go home. Was there something wrong with me hanging out with you in front of everyone all of a sudden? Or was it because the other girl you liked was in the room? Again, only you know the answers to those questions.

Weeks go by and I still had no explanation why you stopped talking to me. I cried to my friends thinking I did something wrong. I blamed myself for the way things went. I blamed myself for not being good enough for you. You told me things were getting too serious and you couldn't have that at this point in your life-- you either didn't want that or you didn't want me. I spent so much of my time with you; time that I'll never get back. I can't go on dates with guys without freaking out, thinking that they're going to treat me the way you did. I tend to flake out on great guys who don't deserve to be treated that way.

You seem to be having a great time now, while I'm over here waking up in the middle of the night thinking you'll call soon. While you're having fun, I'm trying to pick up the pieces of me that you broke. I'm taking things day by day hoping I'll get over it soon. But really, it's not easy to heal from being emotionally hurt by someone I thought was different. I deserved a proper goodbye. I'm trying to learn how I can love myself again, and I hope that one day, you'll love a girl the way she deserves to be.