To The Best Friend Who Was My Soulmate All Along

If I could have anyone in the world, it would still be you.

249
usseek.com

To the best friend who became my soulmate,

When we first started talking to each other, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. You made me happy to finally have someone understand me, but as the years went on and we got closer, you made me start feeling other things. I didn't know it then, but you meant more to me than ever, and I realized it was because you were my soulmate —my first real love.

You taught me many things over the course of our friendship and relationship. One of the things you taught me was realizing who I am and who I love, and being okay with it because I had you by my side. You were able to cheer me up when no one else could and you helped shape me into who I am today, and I can't thank you enough for that.

I realized you were my soulmate when you were all I ever thought about and talked about. You invaded all of my thoughts, and I had dreams that we would be together forever... Because who doesn't want the love of their life to also be their best friend? You were so many things for me and you showed me what a soulmate is, you made me feel things I never did before, and I still haven't to this day even though I've tried to convince myself I have.

I have so many memories of us, even though some of them aren't the greatest and we don't really talk anymore now. I know you've always been and always will be here for me and just knowing that is all I need because a soulmate knows you better than you know yourself, and I'd like to think you did. You made me the happiest person in the world without even really doing anything.

The day I told my mom, "I'm in love with a girl," I knew things had changed drastically, and you were the reason for all these changes. You helped me see and think clearly when I couldn't on my own. I will never forget all the butterflies you gave me throughout the years, and I will never forget when we kissed because it was amazing! Just being with you felt amazing and natural, and all I needed in life.

The sad thing is, soulmates don't last forever. You showed me that as well. I think that's why I sometimes get upset knowing that you've moved on and I'm not really a part of your life anymore because you're still such a big part of mine. No one tells you that when you lose your best friend who's also your soulmate — especially if said person is your first love — you don't forget about them as easily as you'd like to, and it's because you still have a part of me. I can't forget you because you took a bit of me with you when you left.

They say you only meet three soulmates in your lifetime, so I know for a fact you were my first one because of the affect you still have on me even though we aren't as big a part of each other's lives anymore. I still think of you sometimes, like when a song comes on, or I see something you'd like. I can honestly say that having you as both a best friend and a soulmate was one of the best and worse things to happen to not only me, but the both of us; however, if I didn't meet you when I did and date you when I did, I don't know who or where I'd be today.

I wish you were still here today in my life as both of these things again, but I know it's for the best that we aren't what we were because we both needed to grow up and change for the better, and we did just that.

You were my soulmate all along and I will always love you for that.