To My Best Friend Who Chose A Different College

We are so close but so far away, and that is okay.

Since middle school and high school we were always close and slowly became best friends. Since those days we have hung out multiple times at each other’s houses, had sleepovers, long talks, and numerous laughs. These aspects grew our relationship more and as time went on our bond has become unbreakable. We tell each other everything and know deep down we will always be there for one another.

As college approached, we knew we might have different ideas and dreams- but that was OK. We always have and will encourage each other to take our paths and follow our true passions- even if that is at different colleges. When it came time to choose a college we created different paths for ourselves and went to different schools.

However, even though we are not at the same school anymore we are still close in spirit and of course only one text message away. We still talk just the same and love to share our different challenges that arise.

We know we will always have each other to lean on in tough times like stressful finals or we will always have each other to celebrate with during our mini and huge successes. We will always be there for each other no matter what or where we go and we know no hurdles can get in the way.

Even though we are not always hanging out or together all the time, we know it is the content that creates a friendship that will last a lifetime not the stuff in between.

We still have our true traditions like holiday shopping together and of course, sending those adorable animal videos to one another when we need a pick-me-up.

So we can look at choosing different colleges as a good thing. The distance creates longer stories and more sleepovers during break. It gives us something to look forward to with exciting conversations awaiting.

I cannot wait to see all that you accomplish in these four years and where your journey takes you in years to come with your career.