Dear Self

Dear Self

Because sometimes we just need a reminder

31
Dear Self
Delanie Donovan

I hope you know...

1. You are beautiful and significant even when you don't feel like it.

2. Your worth doesn't come from the relationship you're in (or not in).

3. You are brave.

4. You are never alone.

5. There's no time line for healing a broken heart. Take as long as you need. When it's time to move on, you'll know.

6. Be honest with yourself.

7. Ask for help when you need it.

8. You are capable of more than you think.

9. Unanswered prayers are sometimes the best blessings.

10. Make a lifeline playlist and keep it on repeat.

11. It's okay to not be okay.

12. Everybody has bad days, but that does not mean it's a bad life.

13. The thoughts you have about yourself have a significant impact on how you view yourself and how others will treat you.

14. Life doesn't always go as planned.

15. There's always a plan B.

16. If you feel like you're being buried, you're really just being planted.

17. Look in the mirror. You're beautiful. Stop comparing yourself to other people.

18. Your talents are yours and yours alone.

19. Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place.

20. Never underestimate the power of your best girl friends and a glass of wine.

21. Just breathe.

22. Your pain is not your worth.

23. God's not done with you yet.

24. The middle of the story is the hardest place to be, but don't feel stuck. You'll get to the end eventually.

25. Be content in whatever season of life you're in.

26. There's always an excuse to say no to something. Say yes instead.

27. Grab the opportunities you're given and run with them.

28. It's okay to hit the snooze button sometimes.

29. New beginnings can begin anywhere along the way.

30. Forgive but never forget.

31. It doesn't make sense right now, but I promise that someday it will.

32. Read your Bible and say your prayers.

33. Life unravels sometimes, but it always comes back together.

34. Smile. Even if you don't feel like it.

35. Writing is therapeutic.

36. Your closest friends are the ones who pick you up when you fall down, and then stick with you even when you're on your feet again.

37. You are priceless.

38. Everything does happen for a reason.

39. Remember to notice the wonder in each day, no matter where you are, under any circumstance.

40. Override grumpiness with graciousness.

41. Remember that this is only temporary.

42. Running from your problems won't make them go away.

43. Take time to be alone.

44. You are going to be okay.