To My Sister Who Didn't Get To Finish 8th Grade

I am so sorry little sis.

8
https://cleanaircarolina.org/2016/10/belmont-middle-school-investigates-air-citizen-science/

I'm sure we all can go through our memories all the way to 8th grade. I remember mine so vividly because it was my first year attending public school. I had been in Christian school since I was just two because my mom worked there. Public school is very different as you can imagine. I met new friends and played new sports and went through many different experiences. I remember my first day because thats the day I met some of my greatest friends. I was so excited to go on the infamous 8th grade trip to Disney. I was excited for the 8th grade dance and even the 8th grade picnic in the park. Most importantly I was excited for the day of 8th grade graduation and to move on to high school.

I am so sorry little sis that you never got to do those things. We were getting ready for the 8th grade trip as this whole virus came about. It was cancelled. Good for us that we have awesome parents and they decided we would go anyways. You had just bought a dress for the 8th grade dance. You and your friends had decided to ask your parents to rent a limo to show up in style, I am sorry that didn't get to happen. You weren't even close to the 8th grade picnic yet but it would have been a great time for you and your friends. I am sorry that didn't get to happen.

I am also so very sorry that some of the people you held so dear to yourself in middle school will never be so close again. Like me you will go to a high school where not many of the people you were around in middle school will go. It will be sad at first but you will adjust. You will make new friends I have no doubt. Make sure to hold those old memories close to your heart though because those are the days. I hope you are thankful for what you did get to experience in middle school and are excited for what is to come in your future.

I hope you know you can always come to me with any questions or concerns you have about high school. I have been through what you are about to experience. I would love to help you with every problem you have and I will support you in any way.