To My Sister On Her Wedding Day.

To My Sister On Her Wedding Day.

Today is the big day!

244
To My Sister On Her Wedding Day.
Grace's Camera Roll

I really cannot believe this day is here. I will never forget the day you called me to tell me that you were engaged. I was on the bus ride home from dance team regionals my Junior year of high school (which feels like a lifetime ago). We just placed in both routines to advance to state, and I couldn't imagine that the day could get any better; but it did. You texted me and said, "Hey, can I call you?" Typically, when someone says that, it's either something serious, or too important to text. So, answering the phone apprehensively, I said, "hello", and all you said was, "IM ENGAGED!" The cherry on top to what was an exciting chapter to come in your life.

When you said you were thinking of having the wedding in the summer of 2019, I remember thinking, "I'm going to be a sophomore in college when that happens .." Being a junior in high school at the time, I really never thought this day would come. BUT it has come. And I cannot begin to express the love and joy that I am feeling. Thinking of you walking down that aisle towards the man of your dreams and your forever, makes me so honored to be there, right by your side, just like I am every other day, but especially today.

I wanted to say a few things to you on your special day, that I know you already know, but wanted to put it into words.

I wanted to tell you how proud I am of you. Even being younger than you, I am still proud of the person you are, and the person you are still becoming. Although we are different in many ways, those differences that we have are of the many things I am most fond of about you. Your outgoing personality makes me want to be more outgoing, your sense of adventure and curiosity about life, helps me realize to not sweat the small stuff. Your strengths are some of my weaknesses, and my strengths are some of your weaknesses, and that is what I love most about us.

I wanted to say thank you for always being there for me. Weather it was motivating me to push myself more in dance, being there for me to vent or let out all of my feelings, or even just being there to talk about my day or something funny that happened. I know you will always be there for me no matter the day, and I cannot thank you enough for that.

Lastly, I obviously want to say I love you. I love that we are fortunate enough to have each other in our lives, I love that we can be complete idiots, but also talk about the hard times. I love that we can be real and honest with each other, I love that you are my sister, nonbiological or not. I love this relationship- that no matter if you were away at college, away in Vietnam, or now away in Florida, our bond will never break, because friends are forever, but family is infinite.

I am so thankful for you, and so thankful that God blessed us with each other. Cheers to this special day, and cheers to you and the man that will soon be your forever.

Love,

Your maid of honor, sister, and best friend.