To My Rock, Happy Father's Day

To My Rock, Happy Father's Day

I love you to the moon and back, dad.

291
To My Rock, Happy Father's Day
Sydney Morris

Dear dad,

Today is your day. Today is the day where we get to thank you and love on you for all that you have given us in this world. On this day, every daughter or son will tell their dad that "they're the best dad in the entire world". But today, I'm here to tell you how you've been the perfect dad for me and how truly blessed I really am.

Thank you for loving me the way that you have. You've never once let me leave an argument without us telling each other "I love you". Your every action is with the best interest of my sister and I at heart. You've created a relationship with me where I feel comfortable telling you anything and everything, and because of that we are so close. By treating me this way since day one, your loving and selfless personality has trickled into my blood.

Thank you for being my safe place. Thank you for never letting me feel scared, when in your presence. Because of your trusting love for me, I know that you will always be there to protect me.

Thank you for always supporting me. You've always told me that I am capable of anything I set my mind to. It may have taken me 20 years to grasp this, but you have somehow engraved enough confidence in me that I now live by this motto; and, I'm shootin' for the stars, pops.

Thank you for showing me exactly what I want in a husband. Every boy that enters my life, I have the perfect gentlemen to compare him to - and that's you. You have showed me to look for the right things in people and to make sure our morals and values align. So at the end of the day, if he isn't going to be the father that you have been to me, he's gotta' hit the road, Jack.

So dad, thank you. Thank you for being the perfect father for me. Thank you for loving me, supporting me, and molding me. I couldn't be more blessed to be your "mini-me".

I love you to the moon and back, dad.

Forever and ever, Your daughter.