To My Person In Heaven

To My Person In Heaven

Thank you for watching over me.

23
To My Person In Heaven
Alexis James

Wow, where do I start? It's like no matter how long it's been, it still feels the same. I know the title says "To My Person" but I have more than one person up there. I have about three different drafts by now because I feel like I can't get what I'm trying to say out. I guess I can start off by saying I miss you. I feel like that's a given. There's a lot I miss. I miss the holidays with you there and the big life events. I missed you on the day I graduated high school and I'll be thinking about you when I accept my college diploma. It's clear that life has to go on even when bad stuff happens.

This isn't meant to be a sad letter because there are so many of those out there. I know it's sad that you're not physically here anymore but it doesn't mean you're not here at all. I guess I'm writing this to fill you in on my thoughts since we last saw each other. I'm sure you've seen how much has changed. School, relationships, hobbies, and so many other things. It doesn't seem like much has changed but then I look back and it all has. I know you've been watching over all of us and so you've watched each of us grow into our own selves.

I wish I could introduce you to all of the new people in my life. I have new friends from school and new roommates. Also, there's a boy, yes a boy, that I'm sure you would love. There's so much you had in common with him and I know I'd give anything to be able to hear a conversation between you all. The stories from both of your military experiences would be amazing to hear.

I am now so happy we were all forced to take all of those pictures throughout the years because now they're the most beautiful things. The best ones are the ones when you can remember that exact moment. There are a few that I look at and can still hear what you were saying; still hear the sound of your laugh. So those are the type of things you learn to hold onto. The memories. It's corny but it's oh so true. I've learned to remember the good and the bad. I've learned to really listen to all the advice I was given from you all. Thank you for all of the good times. Thank you for all of the pictures and life lessons I will carry with me as I try to do my best to take on this thing called life. Thank you for watching over me. Until we see each other again, I miss you and I love you.