To My Mom While I Am Away At College

Dear Mom,

For as long as I can remember, you have been the most important person in my life. You are the reason I am alive and because of you, I have become the person I am today.

Its been a crazy 18 years we have been together. Lots of ups and downs, plenty of arguments, and a lot of amazing memories that I am so thankful that you got to be by my side for. After everything we have been through, I wouldn't change our relationship we share for anything. You are my best friend and an even more amazing mother. I am so thankful for you.

As I left for college, I was so excited about the fact of leaving the known and going away to the unknown, a four-year university. But now I feel as if I rushed the time we had together. I wish I hadn't. I am truly sorry for that. A week went by in college and I missed you like crazy and ever since that day I can't go a day without texting you that I love you or even just to check in on how your day is.

Now that I am living on my own, the hardest part is not being able to see you every day. I miss the days where I would come home from school and pester you in your at home office for work. As much as I love going to school, this place means nothing without you here by my side.

As I sit at my desk some nights overwhelmed with homework and looking at everything I need to do within that week, I remember the times you pushed me in high school to do my best. You always tell me to stay focus on school and be as successful as I can be.

You were there through everything, especially when I was deciding on what school I wanted to go to for my first year of college. You were there for all the college tours and long nights of me trying to fill out applications at last minute. Without you pushing me, I would not be in the position I am in today.

Thank you for always picking up the phone when I need you (even if it is really late at night) to get me through a stressful bump in my day. Whether it be me being homesick, stressed over homework, or just really moody you always are there to listen and help me through it. Even as we are 116 miles apart, you never fail to be there for me like you always have been.

I constantly think about how lucky I am to be able to call my mom my best friend. I honestly can't help but smile. I promise to always do my best and to make you proud as you have made me proud my entire life.

You have been my biggest role model in life and you have always taught me to never give up on my dreams. Thank you for showing me nobody can stop me from achieving what I want to. If it wasn’t for you, I would not be the person I am today. I am so blessed to not only call you my mother but to also call you my best friend.

I love you more than you'll ever know,

Brooke