To My Middle School Best Friends

To My Middle School Best Friends

You must have been a true friend if we stayed friends through the awkward middle school phase.

22
To My Middle School Best Friends
Tina Freeman

Hey there,

We haven't talked in a while, and that's OK. We were really close in middle school, and we kind of lost our way when we got into high school. At the time, I was heartbroken, but I realized that is how life is. We went our separate ways, and that's fine. You were good for me at the time, and I hope I was good for you, too.

Regardless, I want to say thank you for being there for me through all the awkward times. Thank you for being my friend when I was experimenting with make-up, and when I was going through weird clothing phases. Thank you for all the sleepovers and late-night talks. All of the birthday parties we had were fun, too. Of course we had to go to each others every year, and they were fun.

We were always at each others houses, and your parents basically became my parents. They were always there for me when I needed them, and they took me in as if I were there child, too. I can't even begin to count how many times they fed me or took us out to dinner. Make sure they know how much I appreciate them.

This is going to sound a little creepy, but I see your posts all the time on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. I see the different things you've gone through; the good and the bad. Some of you have lost those close to you, gotten married, had kids, and you've moved on with life. I'm glad you all are doing well. Well, at least appear to be. A few of you know that I still care about you, and hope life really goes well for you. I've talked to a few of you recently and told you I'd be there for you still, but I don't know if it actually stuck. I truly meant it. You were there for me when things were bad, and I want to return the favor. You all are good people and deserve a good life.

I hope you keep track of me, too, and you'd be there for me if I really needed it. Say hi sometime. I miss you all and our awkward phase.

Your old friend,

Stephanie