To My Sister As You Begin Your Senior Year Of High School

To My Little Sister As You Begin Your Senior Year Of High School

Here is a bit of advice before starting senior year!

19
Personal Photo

I know, I know. You're almost 18 now and about to start senior year. You have some experience under your belt and you're ready to tackle your senior year. I know you're going to do amazing and shine during this last year of high school but please let me give you a little bit of advice before you start!

1. Your grades still matter.

Yeah, it's your last year and you've already applied to colleges, but I promise you your grades still matter to those schools. Have fun, but don't goof off too much.

2. Participate in everything you can. 

Dress up for the homecoming days, go to the football games, join the clubs, and be in the play. Take advantage of all the opportunities presented to you!

3. Don't take anyone too seriously. 

Everyone is at different places in their life right now. Some kids are going straight to work, some to trade schools, and others are going to college. However, everyone is stressed about the future and often times on edge. If your friend says something mean or if someone is snippy to you one day, don't take it too seriously.

4. Use the "rule of five" for everything. 

Is it going to matter in five minutes? five days? five years? The answer is probably not, and whatever you're upset about is truly not anything worth being upset over. Everything I thought was ruining my life in high school ending up not even mattering in the end.

5. Be someone worth remembering. 

Be kind. Be thoughtful. Be someone that everyone feels comfortable around. Be happy. Be that girl that everyone wants to be around because you radiate joy and are inclusive.

6. Face all of your obstacles with a positive attitude. 

Hard test? Big project coming up? College applications stressing you out? Take a deep breath, remember who you are and what you want to be, be positive, and crush it!

Best of luck in high school, sis! I know you're going to do great!