To My Little Brother

To My Little Brother

You're the biggest pain in my butt, but I still love you the most!!

258
To My Little Brother
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/12/636486627407827275780193363_IMG_5332.jpg

Hey Justin, my little baby brother :-)

I know I rarely get sentimental with you, but I was in the mood and I was like, wow, I really love my little brother, so here's a letter:

You're one of the very few people that I thank God for putting in my life everyday. Sure, you can be a pain in the ass—but honestly, what little brother isn't? I've been thinking about you for the past few days and how important you are to me; however, I feel as though I've never conveyed that importance to you properly. I'm writing this letter in hopes that you'll know how important you are to me and how much of a special person you are.

People who don't know you may think that you're not the smartest or too closed off.

On the contrary, I think you're what most people should aspire to be. So many of us are concerned with being the most intelligent or being the most respected, but you don't care. Instead, you inspire me everyday on the basis of your humanity. I always thought I was the "better" of the two because I got the better grades and I had more friends; but now, I see that it's you who I have to learn from. I've let my past get to me and as a result, I have such a cynical and apathetic view towards life. You, on the other hand, have so much love to give and care so much about those around you. So much to the point that I am left dumbfounded as to how someone can care about strangers so much.

People are so quick these days to judge others based upon their credentials rather than looking at each other based on their hearts. You have a heart of gold that no other can match. I don't think you give yourself enough credit and although on the surface, you may seem brash and uncaring, I know that deep down, you have such a genuine inquisitiveness for those around you.

I still remember all those times you'd bring an extra cupcake or sweet from a class event for me; the times you'd text me words of encouragement when I went through some hard times during freshman year; the times you'd wait for me till 3AM, making sure I came home safe after a night of debauchery (whoops).

I know that the words people say hurts and I swear, when I hear strangers uttering such pathetic words, I want to slap them and criticize them for their small mindedness. People in society suck... a lot... and they're always judging people based on first impressions or small details. I want you to rise above that and know that everyone does things differently. Just because you didn't follow the rules that society has laid out, doesn't mean you're better or worse.

I also wish you wouldn't think that you are limited in your abilities. You are capable in every sense of the word and I know that you will do great things, as long as you put your mind to it. We are our greatest enemies and you're the only one limiting yourself. Nevertheless, do what you want to do, at your own pace, and just know that 누나 will always be your biggest supporter!! I will always be the one cheering the loudest on the sidelines.

Love,
Your favourite sister.

P.S. Now that you've got your license, I hope you can drive me to and from Boston <3
P.P.S. I'm still annoyed that you somehow got the good eyebrow genes and I didn't but WUTEVA
P.P.P.S. Stop playing video games. I swear.