A Letter To My Graduating Bigs

A Letter To My Graduating Bigs

I am lucky enough to be in an organization where I was blessed with not one, but two bigs. Both of whom inspire me. Both whom I love. And both of whom are graduating at the end of this semester.

262
A Letter To My Graduating Bigs
Unsplash

To my big sister and my big brother:

I am so proud of you and I am so proud that I can call you my bigs. You've (almost) made it! While one big chapter is closing out, you're about to take your first step in the next chapter of your life. You have worked so hard to get to this point and I am so excited to cheer you on across the finish line.

At the risk of sounding cliche, I really don't know what I would have done without you the past few years. You have given me an endless amount of guidance and support, and above everything, you've inspired me to be more like you. So, thank you.

Thank you for being my role model. You have both showed me all that it means to be a leader and an exceptional person and friend. I strongly believe that one person is a combination of all of the people that are in their life, and so I feel very lucky. I am lucky to have you to look up to and if I am anything like you at the end of the day, I am a better person.

Thank you for the adventures. We have gone to so many places and made countless memories together, which have just brought us closer. I haven't come to terms with the fact that I won't see you almost every day or have you just a phone call away. But looking back on all of the memories we've made warms my heart and makes me hopeful that we have plenty more memories to make in the future.

Thank you for helping me grow. You probably haven't realized how much of an impact you've made on my life, but you have both taught me so much about college, relationships, and just life, that I will forever be grateful for. You have taught me to be strong and passionate. You've taught me to be fierce and to always believe in myself. You have helped me realize what problems are real and worth it and which ones are better left forgetting. You have helped shaped me and I cannot thank you enough for your guidance and good influence.

Thank you for giving me your legacy to live out. While you both are graduating and will soon leave, I feel so grateful that I get to be the one to carry on the impact that you've made here at FSU. You have not only impacted my life as a role model and friend, but so many others as well.

You have taught me what it means to be a big, and how important that role can be in someone's life. You've taught me that being a big is not just about taking cute pictures (although we have pretty much killed the picture game), but it's about being there for someone on their very best days and their very worst days. You've been the one to talk me through anything and everything, just to help me feel better. You've spoiled me with your care and love, and you've taught me that to be a big is to be selfless. I feel intimidated knowing that I have to fill your shoes but I can only hope that I can have even half of the impact on my littles as you did with me.

Looking ahead to the next semester and then my final year at FSU, I hate that I will be doing it without you here. But, I know that there are so many FaceTimes and visits in our future. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared for you to leave but I am so excited for you, because I know so much greatness lies ahead of you.

Thank you for everything you have done for me but, most importantly, thank you for being my big.

MLITB,

Your Little Sister