A Letter To My Future Husband

A Letter To My Future Husband

Whoever you are... I can't wait to meet you.

379
A Letter To My Future Husband
Tuscana Resort

Being that I am only 21, I know that marriage is still far into the future for me. However, being a girl, I am genetically programmed to dream about my wedding and my future husband. Think about all the romantic comedies out there that depict the beautiful wedding where the girl gets to marry her best friend who she never knew was actually in love with her the entire time.

These films give us such high hopes and the men in them set the bar so high that we feel we may never have a boyfriend. It isn't my fault that television has thrown us perfect couples: Monica and Chandler, Jim and Pam, Corey and Topanga, Nathan and Haley, April and Andy, Chuck and Blair. The list could go on forever.

Society has turned me into a hopeless romantic and I am not ashamed of it. So yes, I want a guy who will open the car door for me and pull out the chair when I'm about to sit at the table. Is it so wrong to want flowers sent to me just because you felt like it? Little things like that mean so much to me just because I know it shows you care.

I want to fall in love with someone who is my best friend and makes me smile all day. I want someone who will not stop making me laugh until I feel my abs of steel coming in. I want random texts reminding me of inside jokes and funny moments we have shared together.

I can't wait to live with you. We will cook breakfast every day and sleep in every Saturday morning. We can walk our dog (hopefully a pug) together every day while holding hands; and one day, when we've started our own family, we can push our kid in the stroller along with us.

I want someone who will be my rock and my inspiration throughout our lives. I want to be able to lean on you when times are tough and I want to be there for you when your having a rough time. I want us to be able to talk about things whenever something is bothering us or we just need to vent about someone at work or want to just ramble on about random things we like.

I know that there is no such thing as a perfect relationship; I know that there will be rough patches and times when we can't stand each other. There are going to be fights, big fights, other things like money, and smaller fights, like "I cannot believe you left the toilet seat up AGAIN." I just want someone who is willing to work through all of these things with me because we know we love each other and will do anything to stay together.

Whoever you are, you're in for a handful. I am a hopeless romantic who is emotional and loves to talk about her feelings. I am going to want about ten puppies and will pet every single dog on the street that I see. I am going to take your covers at night and just warning you, I talk in my sleep. I know you will look past all of my flaws (because you are stuck with me) because you love me. I can't wait to meet you.