To the Group That Became My Family

To the Group That Became My Family

There is no other feeling like having you all by my side...

122
To the Group That Became My Family

To the Group That Became My Family,

Anyone who has been on a sports team, or a dance team, or – in my case – show choir, can relate to the fact that the people become family. It might sound lame or cliche, but in reality it couldn't be more accurate. Even the people you don't consider yourself close to or friends with fall under that category. Which is exactly what happens in a family.

There are the members that you consider your closest friends, the members that you know you can always count on for advice, the members that look to you for advice, and even the ones you really don't like or talk to. But, no matter where the person falls, they all have one thing in common: no matter what, you will be there for them if they need you because you truly look out for them.

For years we grow and learn with each other; we watch each other and know each other on a different level than other people in school. Just like in families, we share similar stories. When someone succeeds, you are proud of them, and when someone hurts, you hurt for them. It doesn't matter who they are or how long you have known them. The second they walk through the door they are a part of the family and become a part of you. Whether you haven't talked to them in months or you talk to them everyday, when they need you, you are there. You know their personal stories; you know where they started, and you've seen them become the person they are – whether up close or from afar.

You can never truly leave your family; long after you graduate and move on, you are still a member. You still shared experiences, and continue to watch your family grow and cheer them on. You will always be there for them whether it's tomorrow or ten years from now. You will always stand by them and look out for them.

Being in any sort of group that grows together is an experience that is truly like no other. My show choir family has spent thousands of hours with me over the last six years. They have seen me cry, terrified, broken, in pain, happy, successful, and everything in between. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I know that I will always have a group of people behind me, cheering me on, and that is a feeling like no other.

I cannot thank my family enough for everything they have done for me. For the amount of love and support I have received from them, I will forever be grateful. I'll never forget the memories and connections I have made, and I can't wait to see how successful everyone is in life. I truly love you all and I cannot express how much you all mean to me.

Best,

A Member of the Family