To My College Best Friends

To My College Best Friends

The many reasons I am thankful for you.

16
To My College Best Friends
Bethany Chamblee

The one thing God has without a doubt blessed me with is friends. At home I have the best friends anyone could ask for. However, when I moved to college, I didn’t know a single person. Luckily, God sends who you need right when you need them and lucky for me, he sent me y'all. There are so many reasons why I am thankful for y'all, my college best friends.

First and foremost, y’all didn’t have to become friends with the awkward, southern girl who didn’t know a soul, but you did. You didn’t have to make an effort to be my friend but you did. And you fully accepted me for everything I am and everything I’m not.

You have seen me at my worst: when I was mad, when I was stressed, when I was crying my eyes out, and when I just didn’t feel like doing college anymore. But you helped me through every single part without complaint.

When I said let’s go, you went. It didn’t matter where to or what for. You are all always down for an adventure and that’s the kind of friends everyone needs.

We made more memories in a year than some people make in five. We made the most of every single thing. We actually lived at college and had the most fun that we could.

You helped me to be better. You all always encouraged me when I needed it and pushed me along when I couldn’t push myself.

Thank y'all for being as weird and goofy as I am. Laughter is so important and I'm surprised I don't have abs of steel after a year with y'all.

I can trust y’all. When I needed someone to listen, y’all were there and what I said stayed between us. You listened to more rants than you probably really wanted to, but you did it anyway and always had the perfect response.

You made me open up. Let’s be honest, I was terrible at meeting new people. But you all pushed me to be more outgoing and i couldn’t be anymore grateful.

You made my home away from home an actual home. A place becomes a home when you have a family, and I have my own little weird college family. Without y’all, I couldn’t have made it at college and I wouldn’t have such a strong desire to get back as soon as possible.

I’m thankful for the car rides that lasted for hours and the memories that came along with them. I didn’t realize so much could come out of riding around with your favorite people. Those car rides helped me get through more than you realize.

I know if I needed any of you at any time of the night, you would be there. That’s more important to me than you realize.

You always mad my bad days good and my good days great.

When I moved, I wasn't sure how it was going to go. However, because of y'all moving was actually one of the best decisions of my life. Friends like y'all are priceless and I don't know what in the world I would do without y'all to keep me sane at school. I cannot even wait to see what memories we make this year. Thank y'all for being the best.