To My Bosses

To My Bosses

I am so thankful to have a job like this one.

7
To My Bosses
Rose Drug Facebook Page

I know that I have said this multiple times since I first walked through those doors.

I will continue to say it until my time at this place has ended.

I will continue to say thank you.

From the moment that my friend dragged me out of class to get an application, to talking on the phone for 45 minutes in the middle of Planet fitness, to wearing Norts, a large t-shirt and Chacos to my interview, to getting hired, I knew that there was something different about this job. This was something out of the ordinary. The atmosphere was comfortable, and I was able to jump in and learn everything at a rather fast pace. My bosses and co-workers, with open arms, accepted my quirkiness, my awkwardness and my everything. And for this, I am thankful.

I never thought that I would deal with so much customer service: speaking with people, getting to know them as regulars who come in once a week, to sharing such emotion with them when something good or bad happens in their life. I have outgrown my comfort zone that has caused me to actually enjoy people. I am thankful for getting to work in an environment that pushes me to be more than I ever could be.

I’ve worked in all kinds of food industries where manages did not treat their crew members like team members. They treated them with the thought that they were better simply because they held a higher position or because their paycheck was a little more. I am thankful that I work in a place where my bosses and managers put me before them. No, it’s not because I’m a college student who needs a little help with food and whatnot. It’s because they have hearts that are made of gold, and their smiles are contagious.

With the love, care and compassion from my co-workers, I am thankful for working with a team that makes this place feel like home. It makes it easier to open up about things that are bothering me, makes it easier to be myself, but most importantly, it makes it easier for me to excel past their expectations. When I succeed, we celebrate. When something dreadful happens, there is a shoulder to cry on, or there are ears to listen. Thank you for being a second family.

But above all else, thank you for being and leading by example. With having a heart of gold that shares a contagious smile, to celebrating the small and big things, to our “teaching moments” that make our team stronger, thank you. Thank you for hiring me, not just for a job, but for an opportunity to be in an atmosphere that teaches one to push far beyond standard expectations.

When it comes time to close this door on this chapter in my life, I will always hold onto this.

Thank you.