My Best Friend

My Best Friend

You are the sister I never had.

126

It is truly hard to find someone in life that loves you like they would another family member. Someone who you know will be standing right beside you even before you tell them you need them. They just know. I know that my best friend knows when I need her, and I know that she will always be there for me.

My best friend is one of the most selfless people I have met, and she expresses how much she cares for me all the time. Whenever I am in need of advice or a shoulder to cry on, she is always there for me, and I hope she knows I will always be there for her. One of the main reasons I know she is my best friend is because she supports me endlessly. She genuinely cares about how I feel and if I am doing okay. I run cross country and track for Texas Christian University, and I know that she is one of my biggest fans. When I am sad, she cheers me up, and when she is sad I try to do the same.

I knew when I met you that our friendship would last longer than college. We both know that when we invest in someone, we have to go all in, and that goes for everything in life. Perhaps the reason we are so close is because we are so similar, and we want what is best for one another.

All I know is that I wish everyone had a best friend like mine; someone who is going to be by my side when the going gets tough. My best friend is someone I cannot ever lose because I know that without her the sun would not shine as bright. To my best friend, thank you for being a light in my life and for helping me get through some difficult times. I love you!