To My Beautiful Best Friend

To My Beautiful Best Friend

You are, and will always be, my person.

926
To My Beautiful Best Friend
William Fisher

To my beautiful best friend,

I love you. I can’t thank you enough for all the joy you bring into my life, and I would be lost without you in this world. I just wanted to take this time to tell you how much you mean to me, now that we are in separate places doing what we love to do. I’m sure you know that friendship wasn’t always an easy road for me, or even a road at all for a while. You’ve seen me at my worst, and still somehow stuck with me, which is something I never truly expected. You’ve given me someone who I can be myself with, and I appreciate that more than I can express.

I would have never imagined we would become so close, and never have I been so happy to be so wrong. You are amazing, smart, funny, passionate, honest, and gorgeous, and although it’s a crazy mix I have never seen anyone so radiantly pull it off. Sometimes it awes me just how brave you are, and I see it every day. You take all of the pain and suffering and turn it into good. You are never afraid to speak out against something, which I admire so much, even when sometimes I don’t want to hear it. You make walking through Wal-Mart more fun and entertaining than any party, and nights with you watching a Disney movie are incredible. You give me a safe place to land, and somewhere where I can be my crazy self. You’ve seen my broken pieces, and I’ve seen yours, and we put each other back together in the best way that we can. You make my life a little more interesting, and you make me a better person.

I know now that we’ve gone off to college it seems a little different, and I’m sorry for being distant. I don’t want to take away from all of the fun and experiences you are having, and I know you want the same for me. But in all honesty, I miss you more than you know. And that is okay. Because I know that you miss me too, and we will see each other again soon. I am so happy to see that you are flourishing in college, and I love to hear about your new life. (Just keep me updated okay?!). I also want you to know that I will always be a phone call away, no matter what time or what I am doing. I am ALWAYS here for you. I know that we are destined to be best friends forever, and so even though it is different, it is not over by any means. It is just the beginning of a lifelong friendship. I can not wait to see you on breaks and have our movie nights, and we can talk all about our new friends at college and all of the drama we have been through. I love you so much. Never forget how strong and beautiful you are, or that you have a bestfriend that will fight for you no matter what happens.

Love,

Your unbiological sister