Best friend

To The Girl Who Has Been There Through It All

We've been through Hell and back together, and I wouldn't have wanted to do it with anyone else.

nyahkite
nyahkite
357

Dear Best Friend,

Thank you for being in my life. We're almost at ELEVEN years of knowing each other, and that blows my mind. Whenever I met you, I knew you were going to be in my life forever. I knew you'd be the person I'd call to be my Maid of Honor. You'd be the person I'd want to be the godmother of my kids if I ever have any, and I knew you would just be my person until the end of time.

There isn't anything I can say to truly describe our friendship. We have a connection that people can see from miles away and we bring out the best in one another. I'm quiet and shy, but when I'm with you all of that goes away. You bring out the real me. The loud, unashamed, weird, best version of me. The me that almost nobody gets to see. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't know that me even existed. So, thank you for that.

You've taught me things about life that no one else could. You taught me that it's okay to be a little weird with someone else and do somersaults across the house, or that sometimes it's fun to get messy and cover each other with mud on a four-wheeler, just because we could. We've learned so much together and I am so thankful we can keep learning together, even when I'm 100 miles away.

You've also taught me so much about myself, it's unreal. You taught me that I snort when I laugh hard enough and that I'm actually not that great at decorating cupcakes, but they sure do taste great. I hope I managed to teach you some stuff about yourself too.

We've been through Hell and back together, and I wouldn't have wanted to do it with anyone else. I trust you with my life, and I know you trust me with yours. It's so crazy to see how much we've grown together. From a pair of Camp Rock obsessed, shy second-graders, to a pair of amazing young women who can conquer the world and decorate a house like it's nobodies business.

Like any friendship there's going to be a rough patch, maybe it's not hanging out as much, or even not really speaking, but once you get through that, things are better than they've ever been. When we grew apart for a bit, I missed you like crazy but I knew we would make it through. We're the sisters that neither of us ever had. We always get asked if we're related when people don't know us, and our parents claim the other as their own. I know I'll always have a place with you and you'll have one with me.

Even when you're not around you still cheer me up. I'll watch our old videos together when I need a good laugh, or I'll reread our conversations where we plan to do some extravagant thing with a small hobby we share. I love you with my entire existence.

Thank you for being my best friend.

Sincerely,

Your Best Friend