To My Boyfriend's Ex, Thanks For Sending Me My Best Friend

Thank you for being you.
546

I never got to meet you. You were out of the picture way before I entered.

I understand you have a lot of hatred in your heart and I don't know who put that there. You treat people like objects rather than friends. I don't know who hurt you, but I am sorry you are hurting.

I just wanted to thank you for the many things you have done without ever meeting me.

Thank you for breaking his heart. Thank you for making him miserable for the few months you dated. Thank you for treating him the way you did. Because without you, he wouldn't have gone looking for me.

If he had been happy he would've stayed. He would've never given up on your relationship. You helped him grew into a better man. You helped him realize what he wanted in life. He was done playing games, and I am sorry it hurt you when he was done playing yours.

As a girl, I understand your perceptive. You loved him. Well, you thought you loved him. I understand it is hard to let someone go that you cared so much about. I have been there. But just like I let go of my past, I am glad you finally let him go.

I wish you the best. I hope someone comes along and finally treats you the way you want to be treated. I hope you find your perfect puzzle piece. I wish you happiness. I hope you let go of the anger and hatred in your heart. But in all honesty, I hope we never cross paths. We would have no words to exchange or benefit from being friends. It would just be weird.

I wanted to thank you for being you. Because you and I are very different. Because I have learned so much from someone I have never met. Because you sent me my best friend. Thank you for never meeting me. Thank you for letting him go.