To Give You Hope

To Give You Hope

Acknowledging some people who make our world a better place.

18
To Give You Hope
Miami Hypnosis Center

Americans have been dealing with a lot these past few days. Like so many, I have been feeling devastated, appalled, lost, and worried for myself and others. But with the initial shock starting to pass, the need to move forward has become more and more relevant. I'm not going to say that "everything will be fine!" or downplay what this election means in any way. All I want to do is offer hope. In light of recent events, I think it appropriate to acknowledge those who have done immense good in the world--those who offer hope and love to us all.

Miep Gies

Miep Gies hid Anne Frank and her family in the Secret Annex during the Holocaust. We know so much about Anne and her time in hiding because of her diary, of course, but we also know that there were others like her--and therefore, others like Miep. Those who gave everything to help people in need. Those who made a world of difference. Read more about Miep Gies here.

Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa dedicated her life to helping those in need--she served as a nun, teacher, and charity worker. Her work was dedicated to the sick and the poor. She opened her doors to those who needed her most, to those who had nowhere else to turn. "Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." --Mother Teresa. Read more about Mother Teresa here.

Dr. Lee Ponsky

Dr. Lee Ponsky founded MedWish, an organization dedicated to providing medical supplies developing countries that otherwise lack them. MedWish's re-purposing of unused, surpluses of medical supplies significantly impacts the lives of those who receive them, giving them legitimate power to help themselves and others. This is their website here.

So many more.

People who train service dogs. People who volunteer at Reading Camps for kids. People who study in college to try to make a difference in the world one day. People who work day in and day out for their families. People whose music moves you to tears. People who pay for the next order behind them in the drive through line. People who travel on service trips. People who work in hospice care to give others an easier last few weeks. People who do selfless work because it will help others.

They are everywhere. They are all of us. We can all spread love, and we are all hope.